I'm really enjoying this

amysrevenge

I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this close reading. I'm listening to the audiobook at a normal pace (not at the 4 pages a week pace of the seminar), and even now I'm catching things in Books 4-5 that I never noticed before just because of how my mindset has shifted after thinking this way about Chapters 1 and 2.

Example: I really paid attention to what was always my favourite chapter, The Choices of Master Samwise, in an entirely different way than ever before.

I know what you mean! I am listening to the audiobook as well, and have realized how much I have just glossed over the first couple of chapters in past readings. Close reading makes a big difference!

I agree with you, I'm having a great time with this, really exploring and reveling in every moment of the book! I have to admit, pace of our discussion is perfect for me. I'm coming back after a long absence, and as I read on my own, everything is so emotional! I'm remembering words and phrases that were so powerful to me, and finding they have new significance in my life. I'm making notes practically on every (Kindle) page, I'm going back and listening to the audiobook portions of what I've already read with my own eyes. When the plot starts to stress me out, I stop and go back and read bits of The Hobbit again, or listen to the BBC radio program.

TL;DR, At the rate I'm going, I'll probably get to the end at the same time the class does!

Back