Impact of the proposed Amazon Project on the Silm Film Project

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MithLuin, Dec 16, 2017.

?

What's next for the Silm Film Project?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ignore Amazon's project. TV show? What TV show? Continue with Season 4 of SilmFilm as planned.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Restart Riddles in the Dark to focus on Amazon's project while Silm Film goes on hiatus for a time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SilmFilm leaps ahead to the 3rd Age, covering LotR seasons before returning to Season 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SilmFilm continues with Season 4, but with sporadic breaks for 'reaction episodes' to Amazon's show

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. *keeping my fingers crossed for Corey Olsen's direct involvement in the Amazon Project*

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. amysrevenge

amysrevenge Well-Known Member

Is it obvious? I'd have said obviously while he was still in charge. But he retired right around that same time...

2. MithLuin

MithLuin Well-Known Member

Whoever is in charge now worked closely with him for years. If even I, who have never met him, knows this.....then how much more would someone who actually knows him?

3. MithLuin

MithLuin Well-Known Member

4. Phillip Menzies

Phillip Menzies Moderator Staff Member

I would like to think that Amazon Prime are taking full advantage of the restrictions with no Silmarillion rights and going back as far as they can to the beginning of the ?Second Age. They can then take as long as they like and they won't be constrained by hitting the known material (movies) for many many years.