Introductions

Sparrow

Hestia of the Hearth
Step up and say "Hi!"
How do you want us to know you - fandoms? location in the Oxygen World? interests? pets?

What have you been reading lately? watching? listening to?

Feel free to invest our Hearth with a little role-playing or a recitation of just-the-facts. Come as you are - all are welcome.

Well hello. I'm new here.

I came (after nearly a month of login/registration problems) because some people came to represent Signum University at CONvergence in the Twin Cities, MN, and told me about the SilmFilm. When they first told me somebody was writing a movie script I thought of Peter Jackson and said I didn't think the Silmarillion could or should be adapted that way. But they convinced me that you all are just my kind of pedantic, accuracy-concerned fans and I want to join in the discussion of how to script the film. I have... ideas. And opinions. And I hope it will be awesome! :)

Last edited:
Well hello. I'm new here.

I came (after nearly a month of login/registration problems) because some people came to represent Signum University at CONvergence in the Twin Cities, MN, and told me about the SilmFilm. When they first told me somebody was writing a movie script I thought of Peter Jackson and said I didn't think the Silmarillion could or should be adapted that way. But they convinced me that you all are just my kind of pedantic, accuracy-concerned fans and I want to join in the discussion of how to script the film. I have... ideas. And opinions. And I hope it will be awesome! :)
Welcome, and hello to another with Opinions!

Is there a SilmFilm FAQ anywhere, or a place where all the podcasts and finished outlines/scripts are gathered? I'm coming in after 2 seasons, and would like to contribute my opinions and ideas, but I feel like by the time I catch up with an unknown mass of things to track down and read/watch, Seasons 3 and 4 will be over already.

I keep seeing references to big changes like "Elwing's death" that greatly surprise me and feel very confused.

Last edited:
Back