Issues downloading 71-74 (UK)

Crispin Hill

Hi. Bit of a technical question, but has anyone else (particularly in the UK) had problems accessing episodes 71-74? I can't get them on iTunes (my usual source of podcasts), I'm told the Tolkien Professor is 'not available' on the UK store. When I browse Podbean and PlayerFM they also stop at eepisode 70, although it is on Youtube (which isn't helpful to me as I listen while driving my commmute). Is this an issue with the podcast providers? Any help gratefully received.

I'm using the Podcast Addict app on my Kindle Fire and the TP feed currently stops at ExpLOTR #70, published 15/08/2018; the last SilmFilm episode is #3-26 on 12/08/2018.

The URL seems to be the correct one at s3.amazonaws.com which I think might even have autocorrected itself when the hosting changed, which is nice.

I know that I had an issue a little while back when every single episode appeared in duplicate, and I can't but help thinking that was the hosting change manifesting itself, but I don't think I lost any at that point.

Good news! The Tolkienprof feed at http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.podcast/feeds/TolkienProf.xml now lists episodes 71 through 74.

Bad news: the Mythgard feed at http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.podcast/feeds/MythgardAcademy.xml is still stuck in the middle of August, with the "dolorous stroke" episode of the Mort d'Arthur class still the latest one listed.

Personal news: I've been using the lapse in podcast updates to catch up on the Boethius class that I missed entirely last year, and it's great!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Sorry to bump an old thread. I follow the The Tolkien Professor through the Podbean app on my phone but the last episode listed is #86 on December 12/18.

I'm unfamiliar how to add xml links on my mobile device via Podbean other podcasters that I tried downloading to see if I could find an updated listing.

the last episode listed is #86 on December 12/18
I also use the podcast rss feed, and I also see this as the last update.

We are getting way behind!

The last rss update for the Malory class is "As the Narrative Turns" from about the same date.

Back