Jewelry

In this case, we are attempting to design a ring that would work as:

The silver band Finrod made as an engagement ring for Amarië, but either never gave it to her, or she returned it to him when the Noldor left Valinor.

AND the ring Galadriel gives Celeborn when they agree to marry one another.

So, we've got Noldor gifting rings to their beloved non-Noldor (Vanyar and Sindar, respectively).

We should also keep in mind that Celeborn's name means 'silver tree', so if we stuck with a branches motif in the silver ring, it would be uniquely 'Celeborn'.

I like the silver branches idea. It comes from Finrod, was intended for Amarië, do we have something that we'd like the ring to show about their relationship too? Did Finrod make it himself? Probably, but would he try to design it fittingly for Amarië or also with himself as her betrothed in mind?

I had a really cool idea for Valinorean wedding rings: The engagement ring is silver and modeled after Telperion. The wedding ring is gold and modeled after Laurelin. The two rings fit together to form a single ring, which goes with the entwining tree imagery I used in the Elvish wedding vows.
This concept wouldn't work for Galadriel and Celeborn's rings since the silver ring Celeborn gives to Galadriel was made by the Dwarves, but I think Turgon and Elenwe's rings could certainly look like the Two Trees.

yes I thought about Telperion and Laurelin, but I thought that is maybe too specific for every elven couple and there's also a lot of grief&drama associated with them & I dunno but there's definitely that associated imagery there.

Wait Galadriel/Celeborn's Ring was made by dwarves now I got sth mixed up. Isn't it now the one Finrod had intended for Amarië? Or is that one made by dwarves. Now I'm confused.

ah, it is the same model of ring it is not the exact same ring that was passed on?

like people who like claddagh rings for example, cause of the story attached to it, so there exists "ring fashion" with elves

No, we mean there are two different rings.

Finrod's ring for Amarie is passed to Galadriel, who gives it to Celeborn when they get engaged.

At the same time, Celeborn gives Galadriel a ring that was made by dwarves.

Both rings are silver bands, but they needn't have the same design (and probably shouldn't ).

The golden wedding bands they exchange can be a matched set, if we'd like.

ah, it is the same model of ring it is not the exact same ring that was passed on?

like people who like claddagh rings for example, cause of the story attached to it, so there exists "ring fashion" with elves

I'd be very surprised if Celeborn and Galadriel's rings are similar.

No, we mean there are two different rings.

Finrod's ring for Amarie is passed to Galadriel, who gives it to Celeborn when they get engaged.

At the same time, Celeborn gives Galadriel a ring that was made by dwarves.

Both rings are silver bands, but they needn't have the same design (and probably shouldn't ).

The golden wedding bands they exchange can be a matched set, if we'd like.

ah noow I get it xD the details tend to get a bit mixed up for me.

Back