Let's group up for scavenging!

What would work as a set time for grouping on scavenger hunts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trish Lambert

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

If there is interest in getting together for specific dates/times to help people with their scavenger hunts, let's talk here. The new lists open up every Thursday, so we could use our usual Friday night improv time (except for on Bingo nights) or set another time to go out and get everyone what they need.

As the weeks progress, though, it will be difficult to go back and help folks on earlier lists....not sure how to manage that, but let's start and see how we go.

First, I'd love to know when might be the best time to have a scheduled group event. I've included a poll so you can answer that question. It's open through Sunday, so please let us know what works for you.

Second, please use this thread to list what you need to complete. I suggest we focus on getting one list complete for everyone rather than trying to complete additional lists for a given week. That way people can keep moving and eligible for the next week, and then go back and fill in gaps if they want.

So...with Week 3 opening up on Thursday, how about a "special" session Wednesday night to make sure everyone who needs to complete lists have done so? I'm thinking earlier that Corey's usual time...say 8 or 830 eastern?

It'd be nice if we could concentrate some effort on the early Saturday/Sunday hours, for sake of folks like Phil. Weekday work schedules make it SO hard, otherwise, on other than an individual basis; but the weekends are so good for that. Otherwise, the weeknights are great times too!

Yes, good idea...seems like those times, though, are usual taken up with real life stuff for most people. Of course, we won't be able to include everyone no matter what we pick...perhaps we can change the day/time around and/or run more than one group.

To start, how about if we plan on Friday night at 8 pm Eastern? I think that might be morning for Phil, though it won't be convenient for our European members!!! Let's convene on our Discord General channel, 8 pm. But please do list what you would like to do...there will be three new lists, so let's concentrate on one of those if we can.

Some people don't have a real life (!) so they would be very happy porting others here and there.

That would be me. :cool:

Obunt can complete Year One Trifles if someone can murderate "Dhît the Troll" and "Rothlúg, the Drake of Storms" for him; Alayaule has yet to get started having been distracted by her conversation with George the Chicken :D Obviously it would be nice if either or both could do Travels and Tales as well, for the Deeds, but if I can get them through at least one then I can manage the Year Two Travels, which is the Pub Crawl that many are saying should have been in Year One :confused:

On a Friday night I can manage to stay until midnight which I understand translates to 7pm server time so if that could kick off a little earlier than stated above that could work for me: past midnight would not go down well with my better half :(. On Saturdays, depending upon what we're doing with family, I can be on as early as 6pm and stay until midnight (1pm until 7pm server time) if everything else goes OK.

But this surely doesn't revolve around me: there must be others in similar position who need help as well?

I do have a question, on checking Year Two Trifles on LOTRO Wiki: it says that you need to play the solo versions of "Red-pass" and "Retake Weathertop"…I assume that this means that you can pick the solo version but play as a group? I don't think that either Obunt or Alayaule have done "Red-pass" yet, although that might be rectifiable by the weekend :oops:

The solo versions have been adjusted with the new update. I did them with fellowing up with another player and then shifting in/out. I believe the new update has eliminated the solo/fellowship issue, but I cannot tell you for sure.

Anyone, kin or not, if I am online with my main, Dmaethereal (at level cap), I am happy to transport (she is a hunter) and protect.

Look for her online. Anything I am doing I am willing to interrupt to help others. Don't worry about asking! It is fun for me, even if I have completed the scavenger hunt. My EU alt is struggling with all this so if I can help on Landy, I will feel much better.

Hi everyone!

If there is interest in getting together for specific dates/times to help people with their scavenger hunts, let's talk here. The new lists open up every Thursday, so we could use our usual Friday night improv time (except for on Bingo nights) or set another time to go out and get everyone what they need.

As the weeks progress, though, it will be difficult to go back and help folks on earlier lists....not sure how to manage that, but let's start and see how we go.

First, I'd love to know when might be the best time to have a scheduled group event. I've included a poll so you can answer that question. It's open through Sunday, so please let us know what works for you.

Second, please use this thread to list what you need to complete. I suggest we focus on getting one list complete for everyone rather than trying to complete additional lists for a given week. That way people can keep moving and eligible for the next week, and then go back and fill in gaps if they want.

So...with Week 3 opening up on Thursday, how about a "special" session Wednesday night to make sure everyone who needs to complete lists have done so? I'm thinking earlier that Corey's usual time...say 8 or 830 eastern?

Lorincera (level 39 Burgler) would love some help finishing the "Frodo" quest. Still need to get to Amon Hen, Dead Marshes, and Henneth Annun. Am also working on the Towering Monuments, but need alot more to finish. Everything from the Gate of Shadows forward.
Thanks!

I'd definitely like to group up to do this. More for the extra fun, rather than for the help :). I'll try and make it Friday at 8pm (although, that's 5pm where I am, so the unavoidable day job makes it difficult). Maybe we have enough people to organize a couple different groups and times?

I only have the Year 2 Reflections left (on Helting, and I wasn't going to do these quests on anyone else). One thing I noticed about these quests is that they (or at least some of them) are not available in the reflecting pool until you have completed the associated landscape quests. The Tomb of Elendil is one of these. Although, completing the landscape quest (and instance) was enough to get the scavenger hunt to progress.

To those having difficulty getting to the Dead Marshes, that requirement has now been removed in the latest update.

Gravidy, in re: Tomb of Elendil, as long as someone in your fellowship has done the quest chain, you can get in. Same with all the reflecting pool instances...as long as someone in your fellowship has it, you can get in. But if not...then you have to do the quest chain...that happened to me with Under the Greenfields--fortunately it was easy to take care of!

I have my L105 Captain ( I still need to have her added to the kin) that just finished Year 1 that can help.
She has done the epic up the wastes, so should have the instances unlocked.
I normally play on Weekend mornings @ 9 AM server time, I can do a night if I have some notice

Can I ask the daft question of Where do you get the Hunts from?
You get mail from Waldo Rumble which attaches a Map to the Party Tree. Use that, which drops you inexplicably on the opposite side of the Tree from Waldo, scamper round and talk to him. He moans about someone hanging a bunch of cards from the Tree with fancy ribbons: interact with those to give you the Scavenger Hunt quests.

You can pick up the Year One quests immediately and I understand that the Year Two quests were already available from the start—once you had completed at least one from Year One. Year Three has been added this week, contingent upon completing at least one Year Two quest, followed weekly by further years.

As I said, you only have to complete one per Year to get the reward from Waldo for that Year. Each Year includes Travels, Trifles and Tales, and there are three auxiliary deeds for performing the corresponding quest from all the Years.

Just to note, you also pick up the Daily quest from Waldo, which works in similar fashion to those from recent Festivals: complete a certain number (7 in this case) of festival-related quests each day and get a "Pouch of Ithilien Essence Fragments", do that for 3 days and you complete the auto-granted wrapper quest which gives you an Essence Upgrade crafting item. I imagine that they will follow the pattern and successive 3-day quests will give you more items.

If you're still reading :D then it might be useful to know that the cycle of delivery quests (for which the nearest node to the Party Tree is Dudo Chubb down by the Hobbiton Tasks Board) will handily cover your 7-a-day quota but you can't do them every day, they have a 2/3-day cooldown o_O so for the intervening days you would need to find other things to make up the numbers: more than possible but more widely spread around.

If you're still reading :D then it might be useful to know that the cycle of delivery quests (for which the nearest node to the Party Tree is Dudo Chubb down by the Hobbiton Tasks Board) will handily cover your 7-a-day quota but you can't do them every day, they have a 2/3-day cooldown o_O so for the intervening days you would need to find other things to make up the numbers: more than possible but more widely spread around.[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm still reading silly Cat!!!
See you round the tree some time

Thank you muchly to Bialver and Bilffro (I think I have those spelled correctly) for their stalwart help over the weekend. Thanks to my purchase of Moria during the sale, they were able to get Alayaule into Fil Gashan to "kiss the cook" (not a euphemism :p ) in the course of which she actually managed to score damage off foes 23 levels above her :eek: and take care of two Garth Agarwen instances which I had never even dreamed of doing.

Now that the poll has closed, what plans do we have to put the results into practice?

Back