Leveling up for new players

Trish Lambert

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone...

I know we have a number of new-to-LOTRO players here with us, and it occurred to me that I need to give you a heads up about something: You are going to need to "level up" your character in order to be able to come with us on field trips throughout the course. For example, the Barrow Downs is "on level," meaning stuff will actively try to kill you, in the 20-35ish range, so you either need to be able to kill the stuff easily or, better, have them just ignore you (which is what happens when you get over level enough).

I know that there are those of you who aren't all that interested in taking the time to learn the game and level yourselves, plus there may be seasoned players from other servers who likewise don't have the time to level, so I am offering this invitation....

I and several of my kinmates are ready, willing and able to "power level" anyone who would like to just get there without alot of muss and fuss. This involves a high level character (one of us) teaming up with a low level character (one of you) and having you follow us around while we kill all the things and do quests and what not. This, along with your having an experience accelerator turned on, will level you up quickly.

We might be able to make this a group thing, with 3 high levels and 3 low levels, each paired up. And then we run whatever the planned run is for a certain length of time (hour, hour and a half, whatever) to get the low levels as high as possible in that time.

If you are interested in finding out more about how to get your character leveled up so you won't get left out of future field trips, let us know here.

Scott and I are rolling toons on the servers listed on the calendar. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity to me. I will be sure to watch this discussion for the chance to drag my characters up some levels on servers I don't frequently use!

I've got a highish level on Arkenstone, and so does Sanswinda. I'm hoping maybe kins on other servers would be willing to do this in their homelands.

Also agree this sounds like a great opportunity, as I will need help on some of the other servers. My main is a hunter on Brandywine and I would be happy to help out there.

Which servers would you be visiting at UK-friendly times of day? This might be of interest but only if I'm going to be awake for the Field Trip :p

I currently have characters on Laurelin, Landroval and Evernight (as is probably visible in my .sig) and I think only the first is likely to be friendly to my sleep schedule :(

I have a dozen alts on Laurelin EU (life sub)...I don't know if you're planning sessions on EU servers? If so, when you see a toon from Kinship "Sinome Maruvan", that's me, just ask, happy to help.

Also, I'm rolling some new toons on Landroval, my main is level 40ish now but I'm an altoholic, so don't hesitate.

We have two EU-friendly classes coming up in February, one on Brandywine on the 7th and one on Laurelin on the 21st. Both will take place at 3 pm server time.

We have two EU-friendly classes coming up in February, one on Brandywine on the 7th and one on Laurelin on the 21st. Both will take place at 3 pm server time.
I think I heard you say that the Brandywine Field Trip will involve going to Goblin Town and require levelling to 25, so my Burglar is doing his little Hobbit best for that. :D

Has the Field Trip for Laurelin been set yet? I'll need to check but I think I'm at 41-ish there, so hopefully won't need to grind too much :eek:

Yes, Laurelin has been schedule...I think it's the 21st? Check the calendar on this board to make sure.

Yes, Laurelin has been schedule...I think it's the 21st? Check the calendar on this board to make sure.
Yep, set for 15:00 server time too :cool: but the Calendar doesn't show details of where the Field Trip is going, so I'm just hoping that Level 41 will be sufficient for that night's entertainment.

My hobbit minstrel is at level 11 now - still getting her sea legs, but getting to be a big influence in the wide world! ;p I notice that many people have horses and other mounts. Is it possible to run alongside them and keep up? Or do you need a horse to keep up with a horse? Will leveling up help with this aspect of things?

Made a account just to offer my kinship help for next week event in Brandywine server. Since we are the kin who are helping profesor out in Bradywine setver and our kin leader is Tolkien lore fanatic we will gladly help thoses who wana level up fresh toons and participate to getting lost in Goblin Town together. Either ask for Casual Raiders in world chat or send me a private message and we will sort it out what sort of help you need. In game i ussaly i am on my main character Deinot.

Excellent!! Do remember that you must be level 25 to be able to be summoned to Goblintown...you could try to ride there, but it could be lethal!

Back