Live Discussion Availability

Nicholas Palazzo

Ok. Ouzaru brought up setting up a writer's room, so I'd like to post my availability for that and encourage others to do the same. Obviously, things happen and what not. I'm just posting times that I'm not at work or in transit to or from. I'm in the EST time zone, but I'm going to do my best to post GMT numbers as well, just do not be surprised if I miscalculate.

Sunday: Let's say from 2 PM (1400) EST [7 PM (1900) GMT] onward.

Monday: I wait for a carpool w/ the wife from 6 PM (1800) EST [11 PM (2300) GMT] to 9 PM (2100) EST [2 AM (0200) GMT]

Tuesday: Obviously some sleeping should be done somewhere between the above and Tuesday morning, but if someone wants to meet later Monday night, or in the wee hours Tuesday morning, all the way up to 11 AM (1100) EST [4 PM (1600) GMT], that can be done. I'm home around 10 PM (2200) EST [3 AM (0300) GMT] and can do stuff following that.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.

Thursday: Work from 9AM to 9PM, so I'm just going to put a nix on that.

Friday: I'm off and unoccupied for the entire day with the exception of the biweekly broadcasts. Afternoon is best for me, but I realize that most people in the US are working around then and that might be an odd time for folks in other parts of the world.

Saturday: Home from work around 7PM (1900) EST [12AM (0000) GMT]

Nick has graciously provided times in EST and GMT for people like me who (like Sam) are torn in two.

I don't actually have to get out the door until noonish most days, which means I'm pretty much available from 7 pm (12am GMT) to 11-ish pm (4am GMT) EST every day, though I'm not much of a morning person and would probably do better from about 9pm EST. I generally get home pretty late, and often stay up rather late, which means if folks are available in the mornings, say 9am to Noonish EST (2pm-5pm GMT), I could do that without too much trouble. I'm not terribly particular about which day, but if prodded to choose, I'd probably pick Saturday or Sunday Evenings, 7/8pm (EST).

I am typically available Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and have a good deal of flexibility on weekends.

I am in the Eastern Time Zone.

Sounds great. In March I'll probably need to reconsider maybe? If it's at 7 that might be early enough that it doesn't impact my classes, we'll see.

And I just remembered I'm out of town this weekend. If the hotel has the wifis maybe I can still make it, let's tentatively make the first round table this weekend to figure out how the program works, look at what Nick's written and all that. Homework is listen to the first half dozen podcasts for season 1, READYGO!

We're still on for this, right? I picked up Blab for my phone and am ready to roll (crossing my fingers that the hotel wifi is good so I can do this in my pajamas). Considering the hullabaloo in the current thread, I'm thinking it'll at the very least for getting all of us on the same page in that discussion.

It occurs to me that we haven't mentioned the actual agenda, and secondly that this isn't the proper thread for it. I've started a new thread specifically to put up our results for Episode 1 here: http://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/season-1-outline-session-1.129/

I think it might be worth separating the script outlining into individual sessions, though I'm hoping we can do at least 2 or 3 episodes at a time, just to keep things making chronological sense. If it turns out to be better to just keep everything in one thread, however, then we can always do that.

My schedule:
Sunday: Free between 4pm-9pm, but might have to break for dinner somewhere in there.
Monday: Some free time in the mornings and afternoon, but busy from 5pm onward
Tuesday: Pretty much the same as Monday, but I have a free evening every other week or so.
Wednesday: Busy from 3pm onward
Thursday: Free between 4pm-9pm
Friday: Free between 3pm-5pm
Saturday: This is the day I am either free all day, or super busy. It depends on the week.

It was great meet you guys (kinda sorta) face to face! I'm looking forward to our next get together.

(If you'd like to chat, my Skype handle is karita.october, and I'll be logged in when possible. My mic and webcam situation is pretty outdated, but seems to be functioning.)

So, moving forward...when would people like to have the discussion this coming weekend?
We'll be discussing Episode 8, Lighting the Trees, and the Execs gave us a lot of material to work with concerning what they expect to see happen here :)

Options:
Sunday 7 PM EDT
Saturday 7 PM EDT
or...?

I should be free and available this weekend, but then out of town the next two weekends and very unavailable. (Easter and the first weekend of April) So - what are others' preferences? Can we manage to add any new faces, do you think?

Last edited:
Saturday and Sunday both work for me, with the preference being Sunday, since my wife and I both work on Saturday. Easter weekend will likely be difficult for me, but not impossible.

I am flexible, but will need to know whether this is happening on Saturday or Sunday soon. I can't keep both evenings open this weekend.

i got my class schedule and I gotta be in class at pretty much exactly when we would start on Sunday, so that's no go for me.

I'm also gonna be out of town again this weekend apparently, so toss up whether I can even make it.

So you have class at 7 AM on Mondays? Sorry, didn't realize that. I thought it was later.
I was hoping it would be, I had expressed preference for 10, but the schedules came out today and I'm 8-10. T-T. I have to get my sleeping schedule in order or I am gonna faaaaaaaail hard, and these classes are way too expensive for that.

Upshot, last week of March is Spring break so I get a week off in which to try and get all this stuff done. Unfortunately I don't think I get any time off work. :p

Back