Lost Tolkein Professor Podcast

Emreleth

I listen to Exploring Lord of the Rings on Radio Public - a few weeks ago the Tolkien Professor Podcast changed to Signum Symposia. I can only see the Exploring the Lord of the Rings episodes I had downloaded before the change. The new episodes (#123 and beyond) don't seem to be loading either. When I click on show all episodes there are only 54 - mostly thesis theaters. Can someone help me?

I never heard of Radio Public before. I wonder how they get the Exploring podcasts, and I wonder if that is authorized or appreciated by Signum. Radio Public takes donations: does Signum get a share?

In any case, the most recent podcasts are usually to be found on youtube videos. With somewhat longer delays, they can be downloaded as mp3 files from the two RSS feeds:

These URLs work well in Internet Explorer (not so well in Chrome). Episode 124 is the most recent as of yesterday, and the first two Wizard of Earthsea podcasts are up, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of Radio Public before. I wonder how they get the Exploring podcasts, and I wonder if that is authorized or appreciated by Signum. Radio Public takes donations: does Signum get a share?

In any case, the most recent podcasts are usually to be found on youtube videos. With somewhat longer delays, they can be downloaded as mp3 files from the two RSS feeds:

These URLs work well in Internet Explorer (not so well in Chrome). Episode 124 is the most recent as of yesterday, and the first two Wizard of Earthsea podcasts are up, too.

The Radio Public link is on the Signum page. I can't imagine that could be done without Signum's knowledge.

The RSS feed for The Tolkien Professor seems to be broken on the newsblur.com which is what I use for RSS. I get no new articles after Jun 2011. Now that date is suspiciously close to 1500 lines in the RSS feed so perhaps that is the problem.

I did check the feed with a validator and it came up with a couple of errors in it:

but possibly the problem is that the feed file is just too long?

possibly the problem is that the feed file is just too long?
Huh; tolkienprof is working ok for me, though it has no new updates since 12/11, Exploring episode 125.
But I can't get into the Mythgard feed at all, for the last week or more. I just gives me an access denied error in the page xml:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>ABD3913F544DA0BE</RequestId>
<HostId>
UkizWzhfyI9zLJ5+FDaM2ObPvgUJmbJ84YoC385E8goIVDL8ScWS9M41eNQUFDadA9OyMDwqcU4=
</HostId>
</Error>

Hello Everyone,

As most of you are aware we've had a large number of podcast issues over the last couple of years. We recently made some significant changes which should alleviate most, if not all, of these issues.

If you are having trouble receiving the latest episodes in your podcast player, please try to re-subscribe using the URLs found on https://mythgard.org/listen.

For further information please listen to the latest episode on The Tolkien Professor Podcast: https://tolkienprof.fireside.fm/410

Back