Maeglin

Adam Driver as Maeglin, now this would be interesting, black long hair and an un elf like face, a little bit like Maeglin. As Driver's role as Kylo Ren in the Force Awakens, it really showed his anger, of sometimes being calm, sad and emotial but then mainly being mad and aggrivated, just as shown when Maeglin turns against his own kin and allies, trying to kill 7 year old Earendil and fighting Tuor then getting thrown off into the chasm, it would be a suitable role for him.

Attachments

• adam-driver.jpg
    adam-driver.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
  • AdamDriverKylo.jpg
    AdamDriverKylo.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 5ee959b44dc1b101fa4fe46db1e46b87.jpg
    5ee959b44dc1b101fa4fe46db1e46b87.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 5ee959b44dc1b101fa4fe46db1e46b87.jpg
    5ee959b44dc1b101fa4fe46db1e46b87.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1
I don't think Maeglin will be in this season, but I do agree that Adam Driver is a great actor.

Yes, we are only going as far as the Darkening of Valinor in Season 2, so Maeglin will not appear until Season 4. But as long as no one casts Adam Driver as anyone else before then, he'll be fair game!

I think that Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) or Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel) would make a good Maeglin.

Photos for Dillane and Highmore

Dillane
Tom-Riddle-in-Harry-Potter-and-the-Half-Blood-Prince.jpg

Highmore
freddie-highmore.jpg

You know, I've thought that perhaps the actor playing Maeglin should be younger than the actress playing Idril, since Maeglin, who is 80 at the time of his arrival at Gondolin, isn't quite full grown for an Elf, which are regarded as full-grown by the age of 100.

Elves are considered full grown between the ages of 50-100. They do not have to wait until they are 100 years old to marry.

That's the point, since Maeglin does have some creepy undertones. Just ask Idril.
Also, in the case of Highmore, he's already played a character with a considerable attachment to his mother: Norman Bates. That picture is from his work as Norman Bates.

Chin down, eyes up, make eye contact with the camera, small smirk - that's how you do creepy!

Maeglin is, of course, much younger than Idril, so having him look a bit young is probably good. Not *child* young, but, you know, young 20s or so.

He is also the most emo of all elves, ever. Because watching your father kill your mother while trying to kill you and be executed for it isn't traumatic *at all*.

But let's cast his parents first, before we get to him. He should probably have *some* physical resemblance to Eöl, and a bit less to Aredhel.

Adam Driver as Maeglin, now this would be interesting, black long hair and an un elf like face, a little bit like Maeglin. As Driver's role as Kylo Ren in the Force Awakens, it really showed his anger, of sometimes being calm, sad and emotial but then mainly being mad and aggrivated, just as shown when Maeglin turns against his own kin and allies, trying to kill 7 year old Earendil and fighting Tuor then getting thrown off into the chasm, it would be a suitable role for him.
Thought Adam Driver would be a better fit for Sauron, but since Sauron's already cast, it's unfortunately a moot point.

I think he's a bit too baby-faced for Sauron anyway.

Such perfect casting for Kylo Ren, though, he's sells that character soooooo well.

I'd like to suggest Oromë's brother. Sorry... I mean Bill Skarsgård. He's going to play Pennywise in the remake of 'It' now, and will probably do it well. And I think he'd be really good as Maeglin. I mean, look at that self-centered, brooding young man... He feels so wronged, so ill-treated, so underestimated...
upload_2016-8-25_14-15-38.jpegupload_2016-8-25_14-16-3.jpegupload_2016-8-25_14-20-40.jpeg

Last edited:
Hahahaha, actually, I would not be above casting Macaulay Culkin for this role. The weird little shortfilm he did where he plays Kevin from Home Alone all grown up and very, very damaged was pretty excellent.

Back