Melkor kazooing

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:
Of course humor is the point, but I guess I'm used to more serious villains. I could see someone like Deadpool with a theme played on a kazoo, but not Melkor.

Look, we had Peter Jackson show up to direct the Beren/Luthien part, convincing them that, you know what would be better than stealing one silmaril from the crown of Morgoth? Stealing THREE silmarils! Beren and Luthien were eventually complaining about what's with all the werewolves? We ended the whole thing with an audience participation sing along of 'The Hole at the Bottom of the Sea' rewritten to be about Maedhros casting himself into a fiery pit with the silmaril. The ENTIRE point was humor, though we were of course telling the actual story of the Silmarillion in the process.

I am not suggesting that we have Melkor on kazoo for the Ainulindalë in an actual TV show...bringing up kazoos and vuvuzelas has been my attempt at humor here, not a serious suggestion.

The execs have suggested that Tulkas would hum his own theme music, so he's the comic character in the first season here.

So we did our panel again....

Here's the intro song:

And the rap battle:

Both videos cut off the beginning of the songs, because the person recording didn't know what was coming. I got to be kazooing Melkor this time, but I don't have any video of that, unfortunately. We had some friends who were ready and willing to record the entire panel, but the room was full and they wouldn't let them in.

(Why yes, the Finrod in this rap battle happens to be Mandos in the Valar group, and that Sauron is also our Manwë [same wig, even!] The other person on the panel with us is our Vairë, and the one hiding behind the laptop is Vana. My friends are multi-talented.)

Last edited:
Back