Men (as in humans)

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
So I thought, 'why not create a thread where we can post pictures of actresses and actors who we think are best suited to play Men?'. We have some time since they won't appear for a while, but experience tells us that casting takes time if you want more than one candidate, so we'd better start.
Just post pictures and give your thoughts on possible roles. Then we can go into more detail and argue in individual casting threads later.

For men of the house of Bëor, we can steer away from the tendency to cast caucasian looking actors. So one suggestion could be this guy, Sendhil Ramamurthy, who was in Heroes.
133e2f21f4ca46a23f496938dea59d22.jpg
upload_2017-4-5_9-48-44.jpeg

And Oscar Isaac! (I think he'd be a great Turambar - if you don't think that his skin should be paler...(I don't think so)).
oscar-isaac-ten-years.jpg
images

Last edited:
Armand Assante
Height: 5'10"

MV5BMTM5NzY1NjUyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMwMDk5Mw@@._V1_.jpg

He has done a lot of gangster movies and action movies, but also some roles like Odysseus and Alan Breck Stewart in Kidnapped.
I think he would do well in the role of an experienced warrior in this project, to contrast with the younger men. As for *who*, that depends a great deal on how we break up the groups of men - I would imagine he'd wind up in Bëor's tribe somewhere, but he could possibly fit in with the Men of Brethil as well.

Richard Dormer
Height: 5'9" 1/2

If anyone's familiar with Game of Thrones, he plays Beric Dondarrion, leader of the Brotherhood without Banners. His character has died half a dozen times, once onscreen.
dormer-richard-image.jpg

latest

Last edited:
Back