Men (as in humans)

Right... I mean I can find short actresses easily. Mila Kunis for example. I guess you could add stockiness but that would feel like cheating.

And getting an actress to put on 20-40 lbs. isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. As I mentioned in the "House of Finarfin" thread, Jewel Staite gained 15-20 lbs. for her role as Kaylee on Firefly, and it was considered rather shocking. Kaylee isn't even what I would consider stocky.

Also, I would prefer that she be solid rather than just fat. Fat girls aren't _that_ hard to find in Hollywood, but they hardly bring to mind someone that would be capable in combat.

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: I am not using fat as a derogatory here.

Last edited:
Yeah I think 'Vasquez in Aliens' (Jenette Goldstein)...but that was AGES ago...

Could try Zoe Kravitz, though she's not particularly stocky.
Mad+Max+Fury+Road+Premiere+KoKIcjHY7cfx.jpg

madmax10f-7-web.jpg

Iain de Caestecker. I was thinking of him as a possible Brandir. He plays Leo Fitz on Agents of Shield and they share some characteristics; both are physically weak and not comfortable with weapons. They also have an attraction to a young woman that they cannot verbalize; Simmons for Fitz and Nienor for Brandir.
Height: 5'8"
iain-de-caestecker-2013-new-york-upfront-party-01.jpg

turn-turn-turn-6.jpg

Summer Phoenix. She could be a candidate for one of the House of Haleth. Maybe even Haleth herself. upload_2017-4-12_15-28-44.jpegupload_2017-4-12_15-29-0.jpeg

Here she is to the far left:
joaquin-phoenix-his-family-present-phoenix-humanitarian-award-at-peta-gala-2015-01.jpg

Last edited:
did i mention i want danny trejo as brodda?
Don't think you did. I like him as a type but isn't he a bit too old? He turns 73 this May. Well, I'm not actually arguing against casting him but the age could be a problem.

ok then he'll play uldor the aqccursed who has three grown up sons.

i'd like to go through some of the sopranos cast, which hsd some really great faces..

michael imperioli, steven van zandt, tony sirico, steve schirripu, vincent postone, jerry adler, david proval, william di meo, artie paquale, frank albanese...

foe example i'd like jerry adler as bor or maybe sador... (do we make sador a druadan?)

Last edited:
at least sador and aghan have to appear as main characters... maybe we even should invent a few drughs to have spokesmen for them when we show the haladin.

question woukd be:how di they look and what kind of actor di we imagine for them...

at least sador and aghan have to appear as main characters... maybe we even should invent a few drughs to have spokesmen for them when we show the haladin.
Yes, by 'a lot' I mean a couple of main characters and a few more (which may not even be included in casting, I don't know). Drawing a parallel to the discussion about Dwarves, where we've talked about creating some kind of continuity, showing them beginning in season 3 and never really leaving them (except for when we're in Numenor, I guess...). With the drúedain I think we should avoid continuity. When we get to the later Third Age, we want them to be almost forgotten. They should return as something oout of the past, I think, reclaiming their rightful place as Men among the free peoples.

question woukd be:how di they look and what kind of actor di we imagine for them...
Exactly, I wonder the same thing...

Back