Men (as in humans)

Hugh Dancy?
images
upload_2017-5-4_8-8-17.jpegupload_2017-5-4_8-9-2.jpeg
A possible Turin?

Chris Hemsworth. Tuor? Or will he be too old by the time we get there...? In that case he could play Huor, perhaps.
upload_2017-5-4_9-41-2.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel like Sam Heughan has already been mentioned before somewhere...but just in case, here he is:

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 9.32.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 9.30.41 AM.png

Now, several of my friends (and apparently women in general) are ALL OVER this guy. I'll agree, he's pretty attractive. This would work well for a role where a particular character is known for his swoon-worthiness. Túrin is one such heart-breaking specimen, so there's an option. Túrin's eyes are described as bright, and I can't remember if they're supposed to be blue or grey... but other than looks, I've seen Heughan's character in Outlander; he has fighting experience, can be rather passionate about his convictions, and has some pretty dark moments.

Heughan is indeed a natural redhead...so if not Túrin, I could easily see him as Maedhros instead. But I included a dark-haired photo for comparison. The only thing is he's 6'3, which I think is the same height as Paul Bettany, whom we've cast as Thingol. As I recall, Túrin is supposed to be really tall among men, but elves are typically taller than men, and Thingol is the tallest among elves. Sooooo.....

EDIT: I *knew* I'd seen him somewhere....Heughan has also been suggested as Maedhros by Carlia. :)

Fun Fact: Heughan evidently has a brother named Cirdan. :D

Last edited:
I agree that we should find a role for Chris Hemsworth. He's not usually as bulky as he is when he plays Thor; he's trimmer in his other roles. Maybe Húrin?

A 6'3" pretty red-headed guy with a bit of a dark side for Maedhros the Tall sounds perfect; I haven't seen Outlander, but we should probably at least consider this guy for the role.

I agree that we should find a role for Chris Hemsworth. He's not usually as bulky as he is when he plays Thor; he's trimmer in his other roles. Maybe Húrin?

A 6'3" pretty red-headed guy with a bit of a dark side for Maedhros the Tall sounds perfect; I haven't seen Outlander, but we should probably at least consider this guy for the role.
Húrin is supposed to be the shorter of the brothers, I think? (- That's why I suggested DiCaprio, who's not as tall). I think he could play Huor though, who's supposed to be the tallest except for Tuor.

Michelle Dockery:

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.18.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.31.08 AM.png

I think she's gorgeous, graceful, and could ideally work really well as an elf. But how about casting her as Morwen? Morwen is the most beautiful woman of her kind, tall and slender, and a bit...aloof. I think Dockery would fit this description wonderfully and I'd actually love to see her in this role. I first saw her in Hogfather but I'm more familiar with her now as Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey (pictured right), where her character more closely resembles that proud, slightly cool disposition of Morwen's, however not without moments of compassion and vulnerability.

Hehe, I'll admit...one of the first things that come to mind when I evaluate a potential casting for Túrin is who would look perfect launching that goblet at Saeros' face. :D

(Obviously this has no *real* bearing on the actual thought process. It may be I have simply consumed too much sugar and coffee this morning and am thus in a rather amused mood today.:))

Last edited:
Back