Men (as in humans)

Yuri Kolokolnikov
Height: 6’5”
Known for: Styr in Game of Thrones, Ivan in The Hitman’s Bodyguard

MV5BMjA0MjQ5MjA5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI2ODA5MzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Styr-Game-of-thrones.jpg

Michelle Dockery:

View attachment 1174 View attachment 1175

I think she's gorgeous, graceful, and could ideally work really well as an elf. But how about casting her as Morwen? Morwen is the most beautiful woman of her kind, tall and slender, and a bit...aloof. I think Dockery would fit this description wonderfully and I'd actually love to see her in this role. I first saw her in Hogfather but I'm more familiar with her now as Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey (pictured right), where her character more closely resembles that proud, slightly cool disposition of Morwen's, however not without moments of compassion and vulnerability.
I remember her from The Hollow Crown: Henry IV Part 1. She plays Hotspur’s wife.

Silas Weir Mitchell
Height: 6'3"

Mitchell's character of Monroe from Grimm is a personal favorite of mine. He's like Lupin from Harry Potter, but funnier.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Jon Bernthal
Height: 5'10"

Roles: Frank Castle/The Punisher in The Punisher, Griff in Baby Driver, Brax in The Accountant

Attachments

• landscape-1492931719-jon-2.jpg
    landscape-1492931719-jon-2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 12
  • jon-bernthal-the-accountant-676x443.jpg
    jon-bernthal-the-accountant-676x443.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
More for a motion capture role. Maybe an Orc or a Balrog?

Terry Notary
Height: 5'7"

Roles: Rocket in the Planet of the Apes series, Oleg in The Square, Groot/Cull Obsidian in Avengers: Infinity War
3fd8174b4c513a36bdc9b8d90e03fc8bd6a4a047.jpg

409676F000000578-4526778-Sneak_peek_Terry_was_channeling_his_character_from_The_Square_on-m-99_1495357113270.jpg

latest

Peter Jurasik: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0432867/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Height: 5' 10.5" (1.79 m)

MV5BMTkxNjMwNDczMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE3MDcyNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,799,1000_AL_.jpg

Has had several roles, including Sid on Hill Street Blues; the one I know him from is the complicated and tormented Londo Mollari on Babylon 5. He was one of the most amazingly actors on that show, surpassed only by 2-3 who sadly passed away. He can change his accent and voice pitch, and convincingly portray a wide range of emotions and moods, as well as effectively showing character change and growth over time. He can make you love and hate his character at the same time. At 69 he's probably too old to portray an Elf, but I'm sure he would make a wonderful Dwarf or Man, if we can find a role that would make good use of his skill.

Ray Park https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0661917/
Height: 5’9”
Roles: Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Solo: A Star Wars Story, the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow, Toad in X-Men, Snake Eyes in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra and GI Joe: Retaliation
raypark-1.jpg

darth-maul-ray-park.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a concept for him as Gorgol, the Orc Captain and henchman of Sauron who leads the massacre of Barahir’s band and claims Barahir’s ring. Beren would kill him in a one-on-one fight while attacking their camp and retakes the ring.

Edit: Added new youtube video in place of deleted one; the scene is hard to find in the right key.

Last edited:
Daniel Bernhardt
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0076780/
Height: 6’2”
Roles: Various stunts, Agent Johnson in The Matrix Reloaded (the one who fights Morpheus atop a truck), Kirill in John Wick
Physically, I can imagine him as a member of the House of Beor. Don’t know how skilled he is with weapons, but he’s pretty good in hand-to-hand.
15bf0d55ac1998a564b031c1b6cd4468.jpg

As Haleth. The Hosts have expressed interest in casting Maisie Williams at some point in the project and frankly this is one of the roles that she might be good at. I tried to cast her as Shelob, without success.

Maisie Williams
Height: 5’0
Known for: Arya Stark in Game of Thrones, cast as Wolfsbane in The New Mutants
maisie-williams-as-arya-stark-in-game-of-thrones-season-8-1555934990.jpeg

maisie-williams-the-devil-and-the-deep-blue-sea-premiere-tff-2016-in-nyc-13.jpg

During this year's casting session, Trish and Corey mentioned that they thought some of the actresses nominated were more human than elf. In particular, they suggested that Krystin Ritter and Felicia Day would be good human characters. Though they also mentioned that they could see Felicia Day as a hobbit.

Krystin Ritter
32-11.jpg

Felicia Day:
Day-headshot1.jpg

Last edited:
During this year's casting session, Trish and Corey mentioned that they thought some of the actresses nominated were more human than elf. In particular, they suggested that Krystin Ritter and Felicia Day would be good human characters. Though they also mentioned that they could see Felicia Day as a hobbit.

Krystin Ritter
32-11.jpg

Felicia Day:
Day-headshot1.jpg
What role would you recommend either for?

Back