Men (as in humans)

Paul Anderson
Height: 5’9”
Roles: Colonel Sebastian Moran in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Anderson in The Revenant, Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood (2018)

Looks like he could be a member of the House of Beor.

tumblr_m85wqqaF1N1ry0dgfo1_500.png

6de188785c1bed2e9cf86f1061628f24.jpg

Last edited:
Barahir perhaps?...

Ciaran Hinds
Height: 6’0”
Roles: Captain Frederick Wentworth in Persuasion (1995), Jim Browner in The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: The Cardboard Box, Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Mance Rayder in Game of Thrones, Grand Pabbie in the Frozen films, Steppenwolf in Justice League
chinds_1d7cb435.jpg

As Galdor the Tall, or maybe it’s an overcast role:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Height: 6’2”
Roles: Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones, Master Sgt. Gary Gordon in Black Hawk Down, Horus in Gods of Egypt

Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau.jpg

8e08e81da8c87a7cfa02a8c402047867.jpg

Last edited:
Elliot Cowan. 44 years old. I saw him playing Henry VII in "The Spanish Princess" on HBO. A good actor, and not too exposed.
IMDB
Unknown.jpegimages.jpegimages.jpegimages-1.jpegimages.jpeg

Mackenzie Davis
Height: 5'10" or 11
Roles: Mindy Park in The Martian, Mariette in Blade Runner 2049, Tully in Tully, Grace in Terminator: Dark Fate
Probably a woman from the House of Hador, Gloredhel? Another suggestion for Haleth? Possibly a candidate for the Mouth of Sauron (as a nod to Peter Jackson's original concept)?
la-et-mn-mackenzie-davis-tully-20180508.jpg
Grace-Mackenzie-Davis-Terminator-IMDB.jpg

Last edited:
Sebastian Stan plays both tormented and dangerous well enough.
1631251809512.png
(Photo from 2013; he is apparently willing to grow his hair out for parts sometimes)

The above photo is him as himself. The photo below is him playing a broody character.
1631250774343.png
Kings (2009)

And as the Winter Soldier (2014) - that one's a wig
1631251005391.png

Imdb has a nice video of clips from most of the stuff he's been in:

He's 39, 6' tall, and Romanian. So...House of Hador, with an influx of blood from either the House of Bëor or (less likely) the Haladin could be a decent fit. He looks ridiculous with bleach blond hair (there are photos). He'll likely be too young for Húrin and too old for Túrin. So, I don't have a specific suggestion for him, but figure we'll probably cast him as something at some point, and he'd be another 'human, not elf' actor.

But I can't help thinking, 'sit down on your chair and look out for your kin; with my eyes you'll see, with my ears you'll here...' in this scene:

Last edited:
Sebastian Stan plays both tormented and dangerous well enough.
View attachment 3927
(Photo from 2013; he is apparently willing to grow his hair out for parts sometimes)

The above photo is him as himself. The photo below is him playing a broody character.
View attachment 3925
Kings (2009)

And as the Winter Soldier (2014) - that one's a wig
View attachment 3926

Imdb has a nice video of clips from most of the stuff he's been in:

He's 39, 6' tall, and Romanian. So...House of Hador, with an influx of blood from either the House of Bëor or (less likely) the Haladin could be a decent fit. He looks ridiculous with bleach blond hair (there are photos). He'll likely be too young for Húrin and too old for Túrin. So, I don't have a specific suggestion for him, but figure we'll probably cast him as something at some point, and he'd be another 'human, not elf' actor.
But he's been cast as Ecthelion, if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, I remembered him being nominated for something, but didn't see him on the cast list; must've missed that, sorry! I can't complain about him being the one to take down Gothmog, after all.

Back