Meril

Ange1e4e5

Meril is a character that technically exists, but never named in Tolkien's writings. She is a Sinda who marries Orodreth and the mother of Finduilas and Gil-galad. The Hosts have suggested she be on the younger side (I think 30 is the maximum age), and less formal due to her Sinda heritage.

Suggestions?

I guess I'll start off with a suggestion:

Daisy Ridley
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5397459/
Height: 5'7"
Roles: Rey in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, Mary Debenham in Murder on the Orient Express

Meril, as a Sinda, would have dark hair and the Hosts think she should be on the younger side with a less refined air than a Noldo noblewoman, things I could see in Daisy Ridley’s Rey.
daisy-ridley-the-eagle-huntress-screening-in-nyc-10-20-2016-1.jpg

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-daisy-ridley-rey-1176828.jpeg

Last edited:
I have trouble grasping this character. What more can we come up with about her?
I’m still wondering what else she’s like. My guess is that she’s not as proud as the other Noldor ladies that show up, more comfortable with wood than metal (a nod to Brandir)? Maybe more of a small-town type, not Valley Girl (more Laurie Strode, less Lynda Van Der Klok)? What else can we convey?

Last edited:
Meril supports her husband and gets things done, remaining optimistic even when Orodreth does not. She is quiet and unassuming but not shy and gets along with pretty much everyone. In Episode 9, I have Meril working as a healer, and she is in general very caring and empathetic.

Keep in mind that while their relationship starts as a sunny cute thing, Orodreth suffers a significant loss (the kidnap of his mother, the death of his parents in the Dagor Aglareb), so her role is to be supportive of someone going through a rough time and possibly even a 'not the elf I married' situation. They get through it, and decide to have children. So, she should be kind and understanding, but not necessarily a therapist.

Back