Miscellaneous Silmarillion Art

1636708403575.png

1636708438778.png

A little gondolin piece because i wanted to draw some mountains after the last big hike of the year ^^ and a little Ambarussa/eastern Beleriand piece. Not exactly SilmFilm canon compliant, because amrod here is in fact at most lightly toasted and still very much alive.

A little more art dumping, first the silmaspens dtiys i did, a little glorfindel :D (ofc check out morgan's original here)

And a little more cartoonish shitpostey material: Amrod and Amras get their very own giant magical animal from Oromë (behold the Noble Bunny), Luthien is not too fond of Huan's fur shedding season, and some countercanon speculation on the topic of bearded Fëanorians xD

1648729926807.png

1648730165149.png1648730085580.png1648730119986.png

Thank you! I definitely think there are not enough illustrations of children in middle-earth!

I very much hope that at some point silmfilm will publish its material in some pdf form and that will contain all the wonderful illustrations and designs you people do

Well this is not especially silm film centric, i just mostly post stuff that is related to the silm xD But a collection of silm film visuals would be cool, i agree. But I think the art department is generally hardest to do consistently from among the creative departments because of the podcast's format and the forum's way of communicating i guess.

I put this into Silmarils many years ago but couldn't find it.
This subject was being talked about tonight ( April 20, 2022) on 'Nature of Middle Earth' so here it is again.
You sync up Elostirion/Glastonbury, and Orodruin/Stromboli and there you are.Map_Tolkien (2018-03-07T12_47_53.000).jpg

I didn't know Glastonbury was a thing, but Minas Tirith was supposed to be on the same latitude as Florence and Hobbiton and rivendell on the same as Oxford. Only gives us latitudes, no longitudes.

On the shaping of middle-earth sketches the westcoast of Beleriand is congruent with the coast of West africa... that could be a hint if we throw all lost tales Great britain is a remnant of Tol Eressea overboard.

All in all it will never fit with any modern geography... i've been doing middle-earth geography and maps for 26 years now.

Last edited:
Back