More Silliness

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Or, why I've been unusually quiet for the last week. I've been partying with elves in Kentucky. As you do :).

Anyway, I brought back this song that is totally relevant to the Season 3 material. We wrote it ourselves!

"Setting Shit on Fire," a Fëanorean theme song set to the tune of the sea shanty "Donkey Riding" by Great Big Sea

Original:

Our Lyrics:

1) Were you ever in Formenos?
Got you feeling at a loss
But you didn't give a toss
Setting shit on fire​

Refrain: Way hey, and away we go, settin' fire, settin' fire, Way hey and away we go, setting shit on fire.

2) Were you ever in Alqualondë?
And the Valar said "No way"
But you did it anyway
Settin' shit on fire​

Refrain

3) Were you ever in Araman?
Doom of Mandos sounds spot on
Still you thought he's just a con
Settin' shit on fire​

Refrain

4) Were you ever on Losgar shore?
Six brave sons prepared for war
Could have sworn you had one more...
{pause}
Settin' shit on fire​

Refrain

5) Were you ever at Angband's gate?
Left your sons all filled with hate
Bound up by the flames of fate
Gettin' set on fire​

Final refrain: Way hey, and away we go, settin' fire, settin' fire, Way hey and away we go, gettin' set on fire.

The family photo. Caranthir refused to be in it (something about not wanting to wear the matching outfit), but rather appropriately, it was mostly Fëanor and Maglor who wrote this.

22089399_1478676668913900_7001319608147751814_n.jpg

From left to right: The twins, Curufin (me), Nerdanel, Fëanor, Maedhros the Tall, Maglor, and Celegorm.

There may be video of this, but it would be late at night at a campfire with the singers not being entirely sober, so....the quality is likely rather poor.

It's from facebook; there may have been a change of settings at one point. Hang on, let me try again...

Photographer: Donovan Grimwood
22180017_10155025627343683_8203927636373686598_o.jpg
From left to right: The twins, Curufin (me), Nerdanel, Fëanor, Maedhros the Tall, Maglor, and Celegorm.

I think they are actually about the same height, but I agree that the perspective in this photo doesn't convey that Maedhros is the tallest. On the other hand, why wear a wig if you don't have to? Cindy is blond, so she gets to be Celegorm ;).

We did address that issue in this other family photo we took 3-4 years ago....

10683505_714567665324808_4196075836947651380_o.jpg

...and for some reason, someone let us on a boat.

1959466_10152275724551249_3694239119727523221_n.jpg

One of the twins may have been left behind; Fëanor took the photo.

Last edited:
I think they are actually about the same height, but I agree that the perspective in this photo doesn't convey that Maedhros is the tallest. On the other hand, why wear a wig if you don't have to? Cindy is blond, so she gets to be Celegorm ;).

...and for some reason, someone let us on a boat.

One of the twins may have been left behind; Fëanor took the photo.
Maybe they knew what happened if they denied Noldor the use of their boat?

A really old family photo - from 2011.
ALEP2-SonsofFeanor.jpg
Left to right: Maedhros, Curufin, Celegorm, Maglor, Caranthir

It was just as windy in Kentucky this weekend, but we managed to record this song while sitting around a campfire. A fire that I started and maybe fed little paper towel ships into :p Luckily, the phone recording it was nearest to Fëanor and Maglor, who have decent singing voices, even at midnight.

Settin' Shit on Fire, a Fëanorean campfire song:
https://clyp.it/3suql5wz

...now my tabard smells like smoke.

And the newest family photo, now with child!Celebrimbor:
Feanorean Family Photo ALEP 4.5.jpg
Left to Right: Caranthir, Celegorm, Maedhros(?), Amrod, Curufin, Amras, Celebrimbor (seated), Fëanor, Maglor
[We maybe accidentally had three twins and no Maedhros this time, but you'll note that one of the red heads is missing a right hand in this photo, so I'm going with that.]
Weirdly, I think I might be the least pale person in this photo, but I'm also wearing no makeup at all.

Last edited:
Back