Music uploaded to YouTube for Season 2

I definitely like the Doom theme - it seems very adaptable to different types of scenes, and has the proper mix of melancholy and inevitability clearly present.

At just over 4 minutes I think I have outdone myself with this one, The Birth of the Two Trees. This one really is the first time I have written what could be a piece of the score of the show. It reworks some of my other themes as it uses some of the characters with their own themes and introduces two new players, Laurelin and Telperion who have voices of their own that intertwine. I know this is actually a Season 1 piece of music, but the hosts had a darn good conversation abut the birth and death of the two trees recently so I had to do the birth before the death. You may have to go back and re listen to some of the other themes again to hear them as they reappear in this one. I have also reused some of the visuals to help listeners understand when certain themes are being played.
I hope you enjoy The Birth of the Two Trees.

I love this. A fantastic job weaving it all together. Could this piece be the last breath before the plunge into the Ainulindale itself? ;)

I love this. A fantastic job weaving it all together. Could this piece be the last breath before the plunge into the Ainulindale itself? ;)
I am hoping that that is exactly the type of discussion Corey will have about music this coming session. I have put to him the question of how the Ainulindale relates to the rest of the music in the series and so hopefully the Ainulindale will slowly take shape.

I can tell you now that's not going to happen. It needs a lot more thought to go into it. Anyway if my Ainulindale was to premier at Mythmoot I would insist on being there in the flesh and I would have to present a paper on how it came into being too. :)

Well here is my last one for Season 2. Talk about getting it in at the last minute a couple of hours before the music session goes to air. This is why the birth of the two trees was so important to finish. I could not come up with a theme for the Simarils without it. The Two Trees themes are here but in a minor key and they sound as if they are encased and trapped in crystal, reverberating around as the different sounds wax and wane. So here is my ethereal interpretation of what the Silmarils would sound like.

I’ve not heard any of the discussions beyond Season 0, so this may be way off base, but I’m wondering how the concept of inescapable doom fits with Tolkien’s theme (one of many, of course!) of the necessity of free will in all choices, in order to carry out the theme/plan of Iluvatar...?

Well here is my last one for Season 2. Talk about getting it in at the last minute a couple of hours before the music session goes to air. This is why the birth of the two trees was so important to finish. I could not come up with a theme for the Simarils without it. The Two Trees themes are here but in a minor key and they sound as if they are encased and trapped in crystal, reverberating around as the different sounds wax and wane. So here is my ethereal interpretation of what the Silmarils would sound like.

Lovely! This might be a time to use the Finnish kantele for the harpish theme that is trapped and circling (see my comment on the kantele way back in the thread for Season 0 — I’ve just begun to listen to the SilmFilm project and am still catching up!).

Back