Myth vs novel

Nope. That's not it's context. That's the inspiration for the initial text not the context of the world. Sorry for drawing a line between the two but I think it's important to do so. So, I guess not sorry lol But yeah. That isn't in-world context.
?
It is a ficticious pseudo-history of our world, and specificaly the North-Western part of the Old World.
The rules of biology do apply. The historic rules of conquest and migration apply. The rules of astronomy apply, the constellations and planets are the same. The seasons are the same. The basic vegetation is the same. The material culture is the same, same with food. Why, even the linguistic rules for Old World's languages' sound change do apply. - This goes far beyond mere inspiration.

I don't think black people existing is a modern American cultural sensibility.

Oh, they do exist in ME. They are just far away. If you bring them in you would have to explain how and why they have bothered to travel there - same as it would be with having some Inuit in-story.

Regardless, the hope is that ANY changes are incorporated with great artistry. Because we all want good art.
Agreed.

Last edited:
Oh, they do exist in ME. They are just far away. If you bring them in you would have to explain how and why they have bothered to travel there - same as it would be with having some Inuit in-story.

Presumably this will happen. Or at least be implied. And if not, audiences can fill in gaps. I don't think it's always the best thing to fill in all the blanks on the map so to speak.

Back