Mythgard Academy forum

Bruce N H

Hi all,

Now that we are starting a new book, it's time to renew my suggestion to reorganize the Mythgard Academy Discussions forum. Right now there are four sub-forums: Hitchhiker's Guide, Past Topics, The History of Middle Earth, and Dante's Inferno. Instead I would suggest renaming to Tolkien, Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Medieval Literature. The "Tolkien" forum could simply be a renaming of the current "HOME" forum, as we're almost done with HOME books but there's lots more Tolkien to do. The "Science Fiction" forum could simply be a renaming of the current "Hitchhiker's Guide" forum. The "Medieval Lit" forum could simply be a renaming of the current "Dante's Inferno" forum. The Fantasy forum could be a rename of the current "Past Topics" forum, just with a little bit of forum management shifting a couple of threads over to the Tolkien forum. This would have the benefit of presumably accommodating any future book selections, and it would fit the organization of this page:
I suppose if we do something like Tolkien's translations of Gawain, the Pearl and Sir Orfeo in the future we'd have to establish whether discussion belongs more properly in "Tolkien" or in "Medieval Lit", but that's not a big struggle. Also the "Medieval Lit" category could be expanded to "Classical and Medieval" if, as came up during the Dante discussion, we ever took a shot at Homer or Virgil.

Bruce / Bricktales

This sounds very reasonable, Bruce. I'll let others chime in, and if there's a consensus, we can make some changes to the structure of the Mythgard Academy forums.

I like this organizational principle: it's nearly perpetual, so once done, you won't need to shuffle things or add forums anymore.

As requested, I have renamed the sub-forums. I am also adding a 'General' sub-forum that can be used for whatever people would like. I will now move the threads around to the proper places.

As requested, I have renamed the sub-forums. I am also adding a 'General' sub-forum that can be used for whatever people would like. I will now move the threads around to the proper places.
Great work! Thanks! I wonder if it would be possible to move threads into these specific forums from the Main Forum, which has accumulated a lot of posts on Malory (Medieval Lit), LeGuin (Fantasy), and Tolkien's works.

Good point! I moved over most of the threads to the correct places, I think. If you find anything out of place (or any threads I missed still in the Main forum), let me know here and I'll fix it. I am leaving any discussion of the podcast feed in the Main forum, or any 'current event' topics, and my hope was to capture any threads related to discussing the Mythgard Academy books and bring them over to this area. Do let me know if I missed any....

Back