Mythmoot VII: August 6-9, 2020 Full Digital Experience

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Mythmoot VII: Defying and Defining Darkness
Signum's annual conference will be held from August 6-9, 2020* and will be entirely online.

https://signumuniversity.org/mythmoot/

Registration is now open, and more affordable than ever!
Call For Papers is now open (Deadline: March 13th, 2020)

It is now announced that Special Guest Verlyn Flieger will be there :)

Mootcast (the non-in-person option for attending via livestreaming) will be available again this year. And, in fact, will be the only option!

So...who is going to join us this year?

* (this is a postponement from the original dates of June 25-28, 2020 at the National Conference Center)

Last edited:
I plan to be!

I would love to go if my work schedule permits. Question though: is this meet up for academics only?

There will be academic presentations, for sure. However, it's not limited to students and faculty, and if you enjoy Professor Olsen's talks, you'll enjoy the presentations.

To my knowledge, it has not yet been cancelled. Currently, no gatherings larger than 10 people are permitted in the state of Virginia.

Mythmoot has gone fully virtual for this year. So, for anyone who was not able to travel to attend this year...consider joining the MootCast!

For anyone disappointed by the lack of live, in-person Mythmoot this year, I can point you in the direction of the following risk assessment from Georgia Tech:

1594532255805.png
Source: https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

According to this risk calculator, the chances of a person infected with COVID-19 attending a gathering of 100 people in Loudoun County, Virginia right now is....76%. And while I recognize that many of Mythmoot's attendees are from elsewhere, obviously the support staff for the NCC all lives and works in that area. Virginia is currently doing really well (for the south), but we're not quite ready to have large in person gatherings here yet.

Back