Nerdanel

Yeah, several actors should be reserved for a very few. If there is need to show some characters as children, they can just be some random children in the background, nothing major.
So who is in mind for several? I know Feanor is.

Aragorn, most likely. We saw him as a ten-year old in the last frame, we'll see him again as a youth in season 3, I believe, and then as an adult later on and in the final season.

Maybe - but hopefully not - Galadriel.

But I really hope we can avoid it, even in Fëanor's case.

Gemma Arterton?
Day+1+69th+Locarno+Film+Festival+cpGcw6i1l8Ap.jpg

I've had a thought....what about Alison Sudol? I like that she seems to have the ability to vary her look rather effectively. Even though she is capable of looking gorgeous, she could also easily pull off the atypical sort of plainness (by elven standards) we're looking for. She seems sturdy enough and I can easily picture her as a dedicated artist. She has the look of an adventurer, prone to following her muse and delighting in life. I can see Fëanor being drawn to her.

Here are a few of the looks I particularly like:

8d84a7a4a8ffd16d22a85981c4febaa2-2.jpg 600full-alison-sudol.jpg 600full-a-fine-frenzy.jpg 9f26bb32dec3a00dbb00fce771e423ca.jpg alison-sudol-500x332.png 888c401928a7901a8c5950f97e811b65.jpg 1bff9ae96d8439619ab7526678a7362f.jpg

As an aside, I find she also vaguely resembles this fanart of Nerdanel that MithLuin posted earlier:

Fanart: Nerdanel by Ivanneth
Source: http://www.ivanneth.com/Nerdanel.html

Nerdanel.JPG

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sudol seems more like an ingenue, judging from what I saw in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Honestly, when I think of Nerdanel, I think of this image of Joan of Arc. I'm not entirely sure why, but something about her...rootedness? appeals to me. I would like Nerdanel to be the balancing force for a spirit of fire, but not in an 'opposites attract' way - she's also feisty, just very grounded and reasonable.

ep89.21.1.R.jpg

I think you hit on the key word there... "grounded". In temperament, in judgement (usually), and (eventually) in reality.

Back