Nienna

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
I nominate Kerry Washington.
images
images
images

Anyway, I'd like to see a warm, caring woman, sad but not full of sorrow. She carries sorrow but is not overcome by it.

Can we have a discussion here? I find the requirements rather difficult to meet. I'm having trouble finding an actress who would be lost in a crowd while having very expressive eyes. Any suggestions?

Or do we just skip the "unattractive" part of the requirements... I still think Kerry Washington would be great but the execs are saying "pale". Either we do that with make up... or go for a paler actress. Marion Cotillard:
images
images

I'm having the same problem - soulful eyes that can show genuine mourning does not go well with a 'plain' face.

I'm a normal (ie, plain, lost in a crowd) looking person, not a Hollywood actress. And when I cry, I look quite ugly and a mess :p Someone who can portray what we are looking for is *much* more likely to be stunningly beautiful, but I think the veil can help mitigate that.

As an example, I suggest Monica Bellucchi (perhaps more Italian than we'd asked for?)

She's the doctor in 'Tears of the Sun,' and she's Mary Magdalen in 'The Passion of the Christ'. For a non-teary role, see her in the Matrix sequels.

No one would ever describe this woman as 'plain':
15766425309_0af1ca8ffd_b.jpg

And yet, dirty her up a bit, and she can act through that:
18375164.jpg

431337-edc05b54-c16d-11e4-bab7-f2e5e1157951.jpg

24-Monica-Bellucci-in-Tears-of-the-sun-L_ultima-alba-2003.jpg

So, yes, I'm willing to ease back on the 'not very pretty' requirement, and use the costume to make her more 'lost in a crowd'.

Last edited:
Back