Notes and Slides

andrewwales

Hello,

I came to this site after discovering the amazing book, "Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit". I had read The Hobbit many times, but I enjoyed seeing the outlines presented in "Exploring" that lead to to enjoy the book at a whole new level.

Is there a place on this site that stores any notes or outlines or slides from the various courses?

I enjoy reading but can't often devote the time to lengthy podcasts.

Sincerely,

Andrew Wales

At this time the lengthy podcasts are the only archive. There's a recent buzz about now being the time to start collecting something more permanent and accessible, but beyond that buzz there is no publicly available firm plan or schedule.

Thanks for answering! I agree that it's the time! I'm more of a visual learner than auditory, but I've been listening and skipping the field trips, etc.

I think prefabricated slides might lack for something, because--and I love this about the course--there seems to be a process of spontaneous discovery during the discussion itself. (Anyone who ever read the slides before skipping class in college knows well how much can be missed, once the test rolls around.) So, a post-hoc compilation would probably be better, but a lot more work, and difficult to make concise. Still, I'm excited to see what the community comes up with, as it feels this project deserves posterity. And the longer it goes, the less accessible it gets.

Back