On Nellas

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Ange1e4e5, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ange1e4e5

Ange1e4e5 Active Member

So I was doing a re-read of the Children of Hurin, and I was wondering: What should we do about Nellas?

Is she Sindar? Green-Elf? And where should we introduce her? Because I think she should be introduced before Turin arrives in Doriath.

Faelivrin likes this.
  2. MithLuin

MithLuin Well-Known Member

IF we include her in the story, I think she should be introduced later, most likely during the Beren and LĂșthien story.

3. Faelivrin

Faelivrin Well-Known Member

I want to include her because her witness testimony is instrumental in Turin's pardon.

She's also supposed to be his friend when he was a child. So was she also a child, or an adult? Or the equivalent of a teenager? Turin only lives in Doriath for 12 years, so if she is a child at the start of his story she can only grow up a little bit. 12 years for an elf-child is the equivalent of 4.5-5 years of growth for a human child.

It seems suggested she was older than him, and interestingly when Beleg mentions her, Turin either doesn't remember her, or pretends not to remember. That might mean that she only played with him when he was 8-9, and not later.

Nicholas Palazzo likes this.