Participating - practical setup

amysrevenge

OK, so I won't be joining in-game - at least not yet at the start.

So what do I want to have up and running to participate? My first thought is to have the Twitch channel open on my tablet (with headphones for sound), and the Discord channel open on my phone beside it (no audio, text-only). Does this sound like an appropriate setup for a non-gaming active participant?

Absolutely. Remember that you only need Discord if you want to ask a question in class. Otherwise you can just use Twitch for the whole thing.

OK, let's see if I'm clever enough to manage Twitch, Discord, a hockey game on the TV, and painting my warhammer models all at once. If it's too distracting I'll drop them in reverse order as listed above.

After Action Report

The audio quality from Discord was better than from Twitch, but the Twitch feed was delayed by a second or two so Discord audio didn't sync up with Twitch video. So I ended up listening on Twitch.

The hockey game was over by the time we got started up, so it didn't distract me.

I can follow along with the text chat but not participate in it myself if I'm working on my Warhammer models (hands full so no typing). That's a choice I'll need to make for next time.

Thanks for the report. Yes, Twitch broadcast is always delayed from 5 to 15 seconds, so there will be a delay in action if listening in Discord. I'm very impressed by the mulittasking!

Back