Podcast Question! From a Podcast Listener

NorthFarThing

My name's Kevin, and I've been a silent listener via podcast since the first episode 2ish years ago... whenever it was.

I'm listening to episode 103, and just heard that Itunes U is eventually being canceled. I don't use ITunes U, however I've been literally 1-2 weeks behind the whole class since week one, listening to almost every episode on the Apple Podcast App through my phone. I follow the Mythgard Academy via the app too.

I just wanted to make sure that audio would still get posted to the Apple Podcast App.

So far I haven't sent in any questions, but usually someone else beats me too it with my lag. I've got my finger's crossed I'll have some good ones come book 3 in 2024 lol.

v/r
NorthFarThing

It seems very unlikely that the Apple Podcast episodes would be discontinued or removed, regardless of what happens to iTunes U. But I do wonder if Corey or someone is keeping a backup of everything just in case a dragon eats the Apple servers?

Yep. The Apple Podcast app is just one of many apps that accesses our podcast feed, which is quite independent. It is also up to date, so if you don't see Sessions 104-106, that's because iTunes is vexing. On Overcast (my personal favorite podcast app), all of them are present. But no -- the podcast feed is going nowhere!

Back