Questions for profs Olsen & Parke?

In case they have time to address these (or for anyone who cares to answer them for me) ....
(1) Scene in which elves are seen raising their swords in a rotunda under a dark, starlit sky -
Prof Olsen had mentioned he didn't think this was the Fëanorian oath. If not, any predictions re what's happening in the scene?

(2) Penultimate scene of trailer in which Arondir is seen being engulfed by arms/hands - I heard it said they are orc arms, but they look like Ent limbs to me. What do you think?

(3) (Somewhat related to Q2) - if you were a captured elf with no remaining hope of escape, only a slow transformation into an evil orc - would you take your own life?

(3) (Somewhat related to Q2) - if you were a captured elf with no remaining hope of escape, only a slow transformation into an evil orc - would you take your own life?

Elves can die by will to avoid to be violated and often fade if their will to live is broken. Sauron has to have some provisions to prevent that - as such he would also make it physically impossible for them to kill themselves - if he intended a certain elf for orcification. So I do not think this question would really arise - Sauron does this for millenia - he knows how this is done.

Yes, that makes sense.
Thank you : )

Welcome. But note - keeping people for dying as a form of permanent enslavement is something Sauron kind of specializes in... ;)
I would suspect some strong kind of binding magic...
And who knows, maybe even Isildur's curse on the later Dead of Dunharrow was a tradition that Sauron had planted in Numenor and that became a kind of common knowledge which origin Isildur was not himself aware of?
Keeping human souls from departing does not looks like a kind of knowledge that the Valar would have taught or the elves would have bothered to know...

Back