Questions for the future

Matt DeForrest

I know that Professor Olsen has mentioned we will get to questions later, but is there a place we should put our questions for future chapters? I am anxious to hear people's thoughts about Saruman's Ring, whether it is subject to the One Ring or no, and if part of his apparent weakness (setting aside his voice) comes from his having placed a portion of his power in his ring.

Take care.

Matt

Related - I've been tempted a few times to turn the "Questions for Narnion" section into a "Let's All Have Some Extended Discussions and Not Wait for the Professor" section, and I think that this might be against the spirit of what that section is for.

Related - I've been tempted a few times to turn the "Questions for Narnion" section into a "Let's All Have Some Extended Discussions and Not Wait for the Professor" section, and I think that this might be against the spirit of what that section is for.
Well, let's use this section to record questions that we will want to bring up further down the line. It's supposed to be for us to discuss the course so this has to be legit :cool:

Right on. Here's what might be useful info. When Corey prepares for class, he goes to the Narnion section to review what's been asked so that he can incorporate that info into the lecture. If he has to wade through a lot of conversation about each question, this will slow him down mightily. This is why we request that you use the Narnion section ONLY to ask question of Corey. If you want to talk about the same question with other participants, the best thing to do is to post the same question in this section. That way we can talk to our hearts' content without making it hard on Corey.

excellent idea! I find it hard not to respond when a question is asked in the Narnion section. I also find it REALLY hard not to comment in the discord questions for Corey section while class is in session, (as many other people also seem to have, lol). But I am getting much better....

Back