Quick announcement: Book One episode summaries are complete!

Tony Meade

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that today I finished the episode summary for session 93, which means the summaries for all the exclusively Book One sessions are now complete. There are still some Book One-oriented comments and questions in the early Book Two sessions to do, starting with session 94, but this represents a milestone in our proposed project of producing a written work from our discussions in "Exploring The Lord of the Rings", done one book at a time.

I will be sending a consolidated PDF to Corey et al later today, and though it's too big to attach here, it's worth nothing that the PDF of our discussion summaries is 327 pages long, while the Book One text of The Lord of the Rings itself is only 258 pages long. Apparently, we all had a lot to say. :)

I'm not sure what form a final written product will take, as that has still to be discussed, but I'm excited to see what we all do with this.

If you'd like to check out the episode summaries, go to the other sub-forum under the "Exploring The Lord of the Rings" forum, called "Episode Summaries".

Congratulations Tony!

I hope you had a lot of fun producing the summaries and that it was not too much tedious work. It would be very interesting if you were to write a Christopher Tolkien like editorial comment on summary production, describing the process, and any particular problems or choices you had to make along the way. Thanks!

Back