Recruitment

shoreless

Hey everybody! I'm getting back into LOTRO after another hiatus and I'm looking for a new kin to pal around with. I'm not 100% sure how active I'll be be, but I thought Mythgard might be an option. I love Tolkien studies and am an on-again-off-again Tolkien Professor "student." Are y'all recruiting? How active is the kin these days?

Thanks!

Hey everybody! I'm getting back into LOTRO after another hiatus and I'm looking for a new kin to pal around with. I'm not 100% sure how active I'll be be, but I thought Mythgard might be an option. I love Tolkien studies and am an on-again-off-again Tolkien Professor "student." Are y'all recruiting? How active is the kin these days?

Thanks!
Yes, we are happy to receive new recruits. The main regular kin events are:
1. Friday Night Fights at 9pm server time, where groups are created from the folks who turn up at the Spire of meeting in Rivendell to skirmish or do other content as agreed on the night. We often have a group near level-cap and another group currently in the high-40's, and sometimes a group for other level ranges.
2. Roving Threat Wednesdays every second week at 8:30pm server time also meeting at the Spire of meeting. This week is an RT week.

Being a kin the spans the globe it isn't uncommon to find people on at all times of the day and night.

If that sounds good to you, check the list of officers here and next time you are in game see if one is available to recruit you. Of course, you can also filter the fellowing tab, in the social panel, by kinship to see who's on from Mythgard.

Awesome! This sounds like it just might be a fit, as I'm fairly casual these days but I really want to catch up on group content. I'll reach out to an officer next time I can find one.

Thanks!

Hi everybody! I had no idea that Mythgard was in LOTRO. I plan to transfer a character to Landroval just to join. Is the kin still up and running, and recruiting? I currently have characters on Brandywine

Hi everybody! I had no idea that Mythgard was in LOTRO. I plan to transfer a character to Landroval just to join. Is the kin still up and running, and recruiting? I currently have characters on Brandywine
Yes the kin is still running and recruiting

Hi, I'm a new character on Landroval - Athelwaite - after listening to Corey for a long time, decided to jump in. Still learning everything but would like to join the Mythgard Kin if possible. No idea how to do this tho...

Check the kin member list and take note of the officers. You could add a few to your friends list in-game and if they come online the game will notify you. Send them a tell and you can get an invite.
What time (in server time: EST) do you normally play?

I'm not sure where to find the kin member list but I'll keep an eye out for you and message in game. I'm usually around 14:00-19:00 EST ish :)

I provided a link (perhaps too subtly) in my post. If you hover over the words 'kin member list' you'll see it is a link to the list.
As I'm in Australia the usual time that you are on is 0530 to 1030 local (ACST) so you are unlikely to see me. There are many others who can help.

I'm also a quasi-new member (listening to The Professor's podcasts since Summer 2020 I think, opened account on LOTRO in October 2020, joined this forum in late August 2021). Anthony, you may have noticed that one of my 2 F2P characters (I think it was Turadel, not Lebarond) "friended" several of your Landroval characters a few days ago! I had discovered this thread, had found the "kin member list," and was trying-out the mechanics of the "message someone" possibility. That was as far as I got.

I will probably continue to amble down this path. Meanwhile, I see that you mentioned "Friday Night Fights" and "Roving Threat Wednesdays" in an earlier post here. Well, way earlier -- Jan 2020! Are they still going on?

I have six toons on Landroval, four of which are members of The Lords of Evening Twilight (which is not very active) and one a member of the Prancing Pony Podcast kinship. I created a Beorning recently, Aeronvor, who is kinshipless currently.

Yes, Turadel is currently in Lords of Evening Twilight -- someone invited, I shrugged and went, "why not?" I think I crossed paths with that person, somewhere/somewhen. Haven't crossed paths with any, since. As you say, "not very active."

T seems to looking for a Round Tuit before approaching the Mythgard Kinship. Maybe I need to joggle his elbow...

I would like to join the Mythgard kinship as my minstrel, Glorfynrael; my beorning, Aeronvor, and my main tank guardian, Keoraewyn.

Also, does Mythgard (on LOTRO) have a Discord server?

So I popped in a minute or two late to the Friday Night Fights but felt like the last kid in grade school who is left standing when everyone else got picked for teams. My fault for showing up late to the party. I'm not sure what the normal protocols are and I definitely don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I quietly bowed out and logged out of LOTRO and returned to watching movies. I'll try again next week.

Friday Night Fights protocols are simple:

1. Use the Discord channel if you can, we'll understand if you have reasons that you can't (link is in the Message of the Day in-game)
2. Be in the Discord channel by 2100 server time if you can, if you are late we are reasonably understanding; we all have lives outside LoTRO
3. Try to be at the Spire of Meeting in Rivendell by 2100 server time if you can, to allow formation of groups based on level groupings.
4. Come as the character you wish to play. We can't guarantee a group for any given character, but many of the regular attendees have enough alts at different levels to accommodate.
5. Come with fun and fellowship as the goal; even if the game defeats us all in a skirmish or instance it can still be fun

There are currently 3 FNF channels on the Discord server, and at times we do use them all; we have also formed raids at times to accommodate the number of people in each level range.

So, don't be shy. Even if you turn up a little late say 'Hi!' and we'll see what we can do to accommodate. Some people can only play for an hour or so, so even if all the groups are busy when you get there, we can look at slotting you in.

Hello, I've just made some toons on Landroval the other day after playing on Gladden for about a year and my Landroval toons are only about level 10ish would it be okay if I just hangout since my toons are low level?

Friday Night Fights protocols are simple:

1. Use the Discord channel if you can, we'll understand if you have reasons that you can't (link is in the Message of the Day in-game)
2. Be in the Discord channel by 2100 server time if you can, if you are late we are reasonably understanding; we all have lives outside LoTRO
3. Try to be at the Spire of Meeting in Rivendell by 2100 server time if you can, to allow formation of groups based on level groupings.
4. Come as the character you wish to play. We can't guarantee a group for any given character, but many of the regular attendees have enough alts at different levels to accommodate.
5. Come with fun and fellowship as the goal; even if the game defeats us all in a skirmish or instance it can still be fun

There are currently 3 FNF channels on the Discord server, and at times we do use them all; we have also formed raids at times to accommodate the number of people in each level range.

So, don't be shy. Even if you turn up a little late say 'Hi!' and we'll see what we can do to accommodate. Some people can only play for an hour or so, so even if all the groups are busy when you get there, we can look at slotting you in.

Thank you so much for this information. I was totally not in the right spot (no where near Rivendell!). If I didn't have to work tonight (I'm in IT so I often work nights and weekends), I'd be there with bells on. Just turned lvl 75 last night playing with my uncle and cousin in Dunlending. I'll be there next Friday for sure.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Jon

Hello, I've just made some toons on Landroval the other day after playing on Gladden for about a year and my Landroval toons are only about level 10ish would it be okay if I just hangout since my toons are low level?

Yep, no problem at all. You might even find some help in getting through the group content when you get there ;-)

Hi, all! Can I ask, is there a neighborhood place where most people "live" (i.e. have houses) in the game? Just curious. Thinking of selling (abandoning) my very small starter house and moving someplace a bit nicer.

I'll try to show up tonight at the Spire of Meeting, if that's going on, to try to get invited to the kinship. I finally got the Laila's Market back-to-bree button so now I don't have to make my way manually across Middle-earth every Tuesday.

Back