Scope of this Project?

DanielXie

Hey I'm wondering what the scope of this theoretical project will be. I know that it has a framing narrative with characters from the LOTR era, and the series finale will be either Aragorn's death or Sam going to Valinor, but how far into the legendarium does the project span with regards to the stories featured?

Will the final story be the downfall of Numenor and the war of the Last Alliance, or are we going to tell stories set in the third age(let's say some of the stuff mentioned in "Of the Rings of Power" could be expanded into stories).

The plan is to tell the entire story of the Third Age, including the stories of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Of course, here we are in Season 5, and we are finally introducing our first human characters. So...don't hold your breath!

The plan is to tell the entire story of the Third Age, including the stories of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Of course, here we are in Season 5, and we are finally introducing our first human characters. So...don't hold your breath!
So is there any point where the Frame might be concurrent with events in the Third Age when we reach that point?

Another thought about the Third Age: in the small section in the published Silmarillion, it says that Frodo dropped the Ring into Mount Doom. In the Lord of the Rings, that's obviously not the case since he gives into temptation and Gollum falls into the Crack of Doom by accident. Which one do we use?

Another thought about the Third Age: in the small section in the published Silmarillion, it says that Frodo dropped the Ring into Mount Doom. In the Lord of the Rings, that's obviously not the case since he gives into temptation and Gollum falls into the Crack of Doom by accident. Which one do we use?

I think for the summary on the Rings of Power, it's a very condensed summary, or an epilogue. A LOTR adaptation would most likely be based on the scene as it plays out in the book trilogy.

Back