Script Discussion Frame Backfill Session

I’m totally with you KathrIn. I imagine there will be time in the Nirnaeth season, as well as the Turin season to explore humans who were not Edain but were also not allied with Morgoth. It might be interesting to try and bring some of the politics between Easterlings in, for example, the Turin season as part of the takeover of Dor Lomin by Easterlings. Tolkien only tells the story from the Elf/Edain perspective so we only see the bad Easterlings after the Nirnaeth, but it would be good to explore what happened with Bor’s people as a counterpoint.

Well, three of the Nazgul were Numenoreans, most likely from some of the Harad colonies, means six others were not, at last one an Easterling.Sauron has traditions he can build up from, i don't see him much concentrate in the Northwest..he orchestrates some attacks by foreign peoples which means he already has a big enough influence to manipulate some, balchoth, Wainrider, haradrim and Corsair invasions even while he is posing as a necromancer in Mirkwood... he seems to be a global player is what i am saying. I do think there still certainly were rebel realms even in Harad and Rhun... seems most likely the Blue Wizards were supporting such uprisings as best as they could. Those would be interesting stories to explore for the future, maybe when we see the travels of Young Aragorn. Lots of space and creative freedom for our fanfic

So, the two brothers in this frame will both appear again later in our story. The elder brother, who flees to Gondor at the end of the frame, will be in Ecthelion's court when Aragorn shows up to do his Thorongil adventuring story. We know that Thorongil will leave Gondor to travel to a place where 'the stars are strange' - so it is possible that Abrazan will be involved in that decision/journey in some way. As seeing someone 'other' being introduced when we first see Gondor on the show, that should help with introducing nuance into the geopolitics. Especially since Thorongil will be the newcomer and outsider as far as the people of Minas Tirith are concerned; this Southron guy has been here for years already.

And of course the younger brother will reappear at the Black Gate as the Mouth of Sauron.

he seems to be a global player is what i am saying.

Definitely! I more so want to make his status as a global player a bit more interesting, rather than the east and the south just being a sort of undefined bottomless source of resources and canon fodder that Sauron can basically rely on without any complications.

Last edited:
So, the two brothers in this frame will both appear again later in our story. The elder brother, who flees to Gondor at the end of the frame, will be in Ecthelion's court when Aragorn shows up to do his Thorongil adventuring story. We know that Thorongil will leave Gondor to travel to a place where 'the stars are strange' - so it is possible that Abrazan will be involved in that decision/journey in some way. As seeing someone 'other' being introduced when we first see Gondor on the show, that should help with introducing nuance into the geopolitics. Especially since Thorongil will be the newcomer and outsider as far as the people of Minas Tirith are concerned; this Southron guy has been here for years already.

And of course the younger brother will reappear at the Black Gate as the Mouth of Sauron.

That is a cool twist actually, Arnûben becoming the new Mouth we'll meet again at the Morannon. I must have somehow missed that...

I know this is a bit offtopic but the eastern domains of Sauron are the main topic of my current RPG campaign:

Rhûrandir clearly is a nod to Aragorn's exploits in the east, even when i have not openly revealed it yet... if both are indeed the same person i mean.

Back