Script Discussion: S02E02 (and other things) rewrite

Varda is slowing changing her view over the course of the episode. She has doubts and reservations, but after her meeting with Ingwë, she seems to be sold on the idea.

Also, showing Ulmo going to her and saying 'fix this' and then having nothing change....sets the stage for Ulmo to act on his own more frequently in the future. He's not into the whole rule-by-committee model ;).

If truer words were ever spoken...

I'm not sure if this is what y'all meant to suggest, but I like the idea of Varda's "gut reaction" , as it were, normally being correct, but her being able to be talked out of her original stance. It makes her both a guide for the audience and fallible at the same itme.

Oh, I should add one addition, inspired by Anastasia's costume work:

The gift of the Valar to Elwë is a magnificent grey cloak. It will be his remembrance of Valinor and will eventually lead to his moniker 'Greycloak'.

Here is Ouzaru's latest version of the Episode 2 outline, with lots of added details.

I would make a minor edit - it is Elwë, not Finwë, who should be given a cloak by the Valar, and it needs to be grey, not a match to the one that Galadriel gives Arwen.

Also, I haven't read this carefully, but I didn't see any reference to Tatië, Míriel's younger sister, in any of the daily life in Cuiviénen scenes, and she should probably be there.

Attachments

• SFP_S2E2.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 15
Noted! we'll have to have a chat about Tatie, though, I know literally nothing about her or what she's supposed to do in the episode.

Are we going to try to do another chat this weekend?

Tatië is Míriel's younger sister. She's going to become one of the Avari in Episode 3. So, introducing her now in Episode 2 will be necessary to have the family split pay off then.

Tatië and Míriel should have at least one scene together where they are established as sisters. So, some of that 'daily life' stuff can be the two of them doing together whatever you would have Míriel doing.

More importantly, Tatië can express the opinion that Míriel shouldn't be waiting around for Finwë to return, but should move on with her life.

No, no chat this weekend.

Back