Script Discussion: S02E07 Spirit of Fire

I like the way you flesh out the Valinor setting and the relation between Falmari and Noldor. But do I understand that line in the last act correctly, Indis already has two children by Finwe before the couple is married?

The couple getting married in the last scene is Fëanor and Nerdanel. Finwë and Indis were married earlier in the episode.

Also, it just occurred to me, Olwë should be getting married in this episode. Perhaps it can be mentioned in passing that part of the reason the building of Alqualondë is so disorganized is because Olwë is distracted with family matters (either new wife or new baby). CERTAINLY not suggesting we show another wedding on screen, but figured it at least deserves a footnote somewhere in this episode.

Okay, so based on the fleshed out outline for Episode 2, Olwë will now already have a family at Cuivienen, so scratch that. I feel we should in *some* way show that the elves arrive in Valinor and settle down and get married and have kids, since they are living in a peaceful, stable environment. But perhaps the birth of Fëanor idea covers that in Episode 6. [Alternatively, Míriel could visit the Vanyar home while the Ambassadors are away, and that could be the start of her friendship with Indis.]

ANYWAY, this episode needs a frame story. Haakon has suggested that it focus on the loving relationship of Celeborn and Galadriel, and perhaps we could get at how Arwen sees them as people with rather different views (certainly on the whole Valinor vs Middle Earth question) but still get along and obviously care deeply for and respect one another. That's a starting point. Someone needs to think of something that can happen to bring that out.

Last edited:
Back