Script Discussion S05E12

Nicholas Palazzo

I say Finrod arrives with reinforcements in act III or IV, too late to save his brothers.

For Episode 13 as a refresher, how about we move east to west per se, showing the devastation wrought by Glaurung; none of the Sons of Fëanor are dead, but as we move westward the pines of Dorthonion will still be on fire and pans over the dead Angrod, Aegnor, and Bregolas.
In the outline above, Finrod does not arrive to the battle until the fourth act, as you suggest.

One thing we used as a device for establishing geography and battle state in E12 was an "eagle's eye view". This will likely continue through E13, as it will make Thorondor's sudden appearance at the end a bit less out of nowhere.

Nicholas Palazzo

Normally, there would be a waiting period before a screenwriter for an episode was announced. But since I've elected to pen the final two episodes of the script, I'm jumping ahead to give myself some much-needed extra time.

In the interest of transparency and collaboration, I've taken the liberty of creating a "Work in Progress" script document, merging it for now with the Script Outline so that one can see the result of the outline alongside the developing screenplay. Thus far, there is only about a scene and a half written in there, but I welcome comments as I go. I may not be able to slow down to answer every comment before I've completed a first draft, but my hope is that comments and suggesions can help guide the process. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2lyJbTg7X3ZdbrXq3GTJ6F2XPLOmGt6zvJLflD44_A/edit?usp=sharing

Haerangil

I like how Aegnor seemingly does not want to recognize Andreth, that is so e dire scene.
I was a bit surprised Gorgol has not yet shown up or been mentioned, he would be the Captain to lead the troops into dorthonion/Ladros, wouldn't he?

It seems i must have missed so e episodes, are they somewhere and i have just overlooked them?

Nicholas Palazzo

I like how Aegnor seemingly does not want to recognize Andreth, that is so e dire scene.
I was a bit surprised Gorgol has not yet shown up or been mentioned, he would be the Captain to lead the troops into dorthonion/Ladros, wouldn't he?

It seems i must have missed so e episodes, are they somewhere and i have just overlooked them?
At this time, this story is being told from the Elvish point of view, so while Gorgol may be present in the attack on Dorthonion, we likely would not get any dialogue naming him.