Script Discussion Schedule and Updates

Well, Episodes 8-12 exist, but need work (some are missing frame, or have a section of {stuff happens} placeholder). Episode 13 has not been outlined yet on account of....it's really daunting to re-listen to a 6 hour script discussion! But I can do that and then write the outline, no worries.

No reason you should have to do it all by yourself. I'll take a look at it tomorrow (after I get some sleep) and we'll divvy up whatever's left to be done before next week.

Sleepy-edit: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllp my tank is empty and I'm falling asleep in my chair. I can probably have Episode 3 done before the show goes live, but I know that's not exactly useful. I plan to ask the hosts point blank for feedback on the first two episodes. We can talk a little bit after the show about episodes 8-13 and how you wanna break down who-does-what.

See you guys in like 20 hours.

Last edited:
Next week, Script Outlines for Episodes 5-9 are needed. 8, which is Melkor's Trial, needs some additional work putting things together. 5, 6, 7 and 9 should be (mostly) ready to go. We can discuss responsibilities tomorrow.

It is an hour and a half before the show starts.

I am gonna try SO HARD to be awake on time, but somebody had a birthday today and there was dancing, soooooooooooooooo no promises.

(It was not my birthday. I feel this is important to note.)

Are you guys still at it?

Edit: I'm getting too old for this nonsense. I trust you guys had fun today, let me know what you decided with regards to 5-9 and divvying stuff up.

Last edited:
I do apologize, we were having a lot of difficulty at the point you made the above post and I had kinda stopped monitoring the boards.

All good, I figured something was up and had no idea how to get in and just decided sleep was the better part of valor. At this point I'm more interested in helping out with divvying up and getting the remaining outlines finished.

Right, we talked a bit about 8, so I'll update the outline for that, but the rest of them should be ready for you. So....have at 5-9!

Here is the current state of what we need to be sending along to the Exec Team for this Friday's Session. I can only attach it in PDF format, but I have a copy in Word that others may edit as necessary - I can send that by e-mail if it would be helpful.

Attachments

• The SilmFilm Project S2 Ep 5-9.pdf
    223.5 KB · Views: 11
PDF is fine, I've been using the PDFs up till now.

Edit: I'm flipping through Episode 9 right now and it seems mostly fine, there are a couple of scenes that don't come out and scream "This Is Here Because (Reasons)", so I'm trying to parse that and make things a bit more explicit. I've got some free time this evening (the kids have a listening test that'll take an hour and change) so I should have it finished up by tonight and linked here for convenience's sake. I'm wondering what, if anything we'll be able to do with any of the "reworked", long-form outlines from this season (and whether we should go back and do the ones from season 1). I think probably best-case scenario is be more on the ball for next season.

And once the brain gets rolling on a subject, I guess it doesn't stop; the next few months are looking like they'll develop into something new and interesting for my professional life, so I may end up with some more free time to devote to this project come May or June. How long that will last is anyone's guess, as I have some designs on trying to supplement my income with podcasting or some other form of serial content production, but since I'm looking to develop those skills anyway, it might have some pay off for Silmfilm.

I keep thinking that, as helpful as youtube has been, it may not be the ideal way for us to catalog this stuff, certainly not if we have any interest in repackaging it for consumption (or review for academic purposes!) by any sort of audience (which I figure, why the heck not, right?) I need to talk to you guys about things, but mebbe we (read: I) need to look into investing some dollar-moneys in upgrading our situation with things like web-hosting. I want to pick your brain on how your Youtube works currently in particular, Nick.

Last edited:
You'd think I'd learn about shooting my mouth off about how much I'm going to get done, but, well, here we are. The extra time I thought I had has evaporated, but I'll still crank it out before I go to sleep tonight and attach it to this post.

Edit: There we go. Let me know if there are any problems with the PDF format.

Attachments

• Silmfilm Season 2 Episode 9 rough.pdf
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
With the exception of the Episode 7 Frame, I think what we have is at least in a state that it could be reviewed. Certainly, I would appreciate any touch-ups to make this less bare bones and more clear as to why scenes exist.

I'm almost done here. After having a look at the outline, there seemed to be a lot of gaps. I added some leading questions for the hosts, as you'll see, and elaborated a bit on parts that seemed pretty clear to me. Episode 9 had some technical difficulties so not all of it was accessible, the end in particular I had to do without any guidance. I had a couple of concerns, but the Tag in particular seemed kind of... inert, maybe is the best word. I couldn't really engage with it so I left it as is, we'll see what the execs have to say about it.

G'night everybody.

Back