Season 1 Script Discussion: Session 6

Nicholas Palazzo

Ok, before I actually schedule this next one, I'd like a show of hands as to who cannot make it on Saturday evening EST rather than Sunday. I personally don't know how long I can force my wife to give up her Saturday evenings, but as we draw closer to the wire, we're going to try to double up episodes for this one. So far we have Ouzaru, Mithluin, and myself onboard, but for those who typically participate, I'd like to get a final set of input from you.

We need to have the time finalized before the Session on Friday, so we can 'advertise' what we are doing then. The goal is to complete Episodes 6 and 7 (The Destruction of the Lamps and the move to Valinor).

Currently, we have been doing 7 PM EST on Sunday, but this is Monday morning for those in the Far East. Saturday evening (7 PM EST) or Sunday at noon EST (Midnight in Taiwan?) were the only other times we came up with that might work for anyone, though both are likely problematic.

[Coincidentally, all of those times work for me - my weekend schedule is flexible. But we would like everyone to have the opportunity to participate, so....please speak up!]

Adding to the confusion, this weekend is Daylight Savings Time, so the East Coast will be 'springing forward'.

Sunday noon is ... doable for me, but not sustainable. Saturday evening has the issue of meaning I will occasionally have to flake out, which I would prefer not to do, as it would foist the responsibility of video editing/posting onto someone else.

I can certainly do either option this time around. These next two sessions, we will be covering more material than any other time, so I would like to make sure that as many people can be there for as long as possible. I'd like to avoid a hard stop if at all possible.

Don't forget we're really only in this hardcore for basically another month. If we really need to go back to Sunday evenings, I can weather the storm till mid April. I was hoping, like Nick said, to avoid hard stops for everybody, but the important part is to get as many people in and working on ideas as possible and get it out the door on time.

Well, I think next season will be a lot easier. We can even do two sessions per episode, and probably keep those down to 1.5 hours a piece.

Back