Season 3 Calendar (We Hope)

Well, hopefully tonight and this weekend I will have some time to watch some videos, so I can try to add some more detail to those outlines. The fact that the videos are broken up into segments probably helps makes it easier to watch them.

Well, hopefully tonight and this weekend I will have some time to watch some videos, so I can try to add some more detail to those outlines. The fact that the videos are broken up into segments probably helps makes it easier to watch them.
That is indeed the goal of doing so.

Sorry you've been sick, Nick. Hope you're feeling better soon.

As for the schedule, we are indeed doing the Script Outline reviews immediately after the end of the season.

So, the session discussing the season finale will be on April 6th or April 13th, and the 1st session discussing the script outlines will be 2 weeks layer, on April 20th or 27th.

For that 1st discussion, I would like to have the first 7 script outlines ready. Realistically, the Hosts will not get through more than 4-5, but at least we'd have the materials prepared. I think that is reasonable enough. And if they are going to take 3 sessions to review, we'll have no trouble readying the final 4 script outlines well before they are ready for them, without back to back sessions.

Just wanted to give a heads-up of the plan without inducing panic.

Thanks, Marie. Slowly but surely coming out of the fog.

Yeah, I spent a couple of hours last night listening to E6 and filling in some of the details for that outline. I'd like to at least get a first pass on episodes 1-10 done before we get really detailed with it. I'd consider the episodes you outlined at the beginning of the season to be nearly completed. E04 needs some work since the state of the world changed regarding the Sleep.

I didn't know you were ill, Nick. I am too. Hopefully we're both over it soon!

As long as we don't need more than the first 10 eps done by the first review session, we can make it. I was planning to do more work on Eps 6-7 this weekend. If we don't have enough outlines them ready for the second script review sessions, maybe it's possible to convince them to do a costume or whatever podcast to give us more time...

I hope Ep 4 doesn't need so much work that it requires a new scripting session. If we don't do it tonight, there probably won't be time.

I am not available tonight.

I consider 1 & 2 ready. Obviously anyone can do a read-through and suggest improvements, but in the absence of that, we're good. Episode 3 has been improved by Faelivrin, but that was the 'hot mess' episode and likely can't be saved no matter what we do. I mean, we did something... I'll review that and likely add something more about Morgoth and orcs to make sure we've captured everything we were supposed to with the SSNOP. Once I do that, I'll see what I can do with Ep. 4 this week.

I have not forgotten that I also promised to help ready materials for Mythmoot, which includes adding some context to the Script Outlines so you have nice little handouts. I'm still in the 'select appropriate episodes' stage, and I've decided on Season 2 Episode 6 as a good one. But I want to give you at least 5-6 episodes to take with you, so there's plenty of scenes to choose from. And then, after all of that, I'll see if I have any time left to tackle Season 2 Episode 11 myself.

Last edited:
I think whatever we need to do for E04 we can work out on the boards. The big questions are: Why have the dwarves begun venturing so far from home? What do the elves have to offer the dwarves (besides more and more and more pearls) that convinces them not to simply continue building their road?

With Eps 3 and 4... yeah, I did my best, but wasn't entirely certain what direction to go with some of it. I also didn't know what precisely were the objections to Ep 3 anyway, so I don't know whether I even addressed them. But! I'm glad you think progress was made.

In Ep. 4, I suggested the Sindar offer knowledge of how to coppice wood so the trees will actually grow back. The Dwarves have been clear-cutting everything indiscriminately, and probably damaging the soil and all kinds of stuff, through ignorance. So the forests they've already cut are not growing back fast enough for their needs. They're not eager to expand north into the tundra, and there's limited room to expand south with the Bay of Belfalas there, so they're spreadying east and west. Well, too far east is Longbeard territory, so they're expanding west.

The Sindar, while they do use wood, are careful to coppice trees, cutting only those species that can be coppiced and doing it in the way that lets the trees grow back faster from their own stumps and roots. If the Dwarves learn this method and cut wood sustainably from now on, the lands east of Gelion and east of the Blue Mountains will fill their needs for wood without never-ending, industrial-European-style expansion.

Another reason is... well there are these huge scary walking tree-people that effortlessly killed Gamil Brog and tore apart his stone forge (and maybe a section of road?) like it was made of bread. :eek: They're pissed off by tree-cutting to the point that they aren't even entirely comfortable with coppicing. The Dwarves aren't much scared of war with the Grey-elves... but they're not eager for unnecessary war with the Ents.

Last edited:
Another reason is... well there are these huge scary walking tree-people that effortlessly killed Gamil Brog and tore apart his stone forge (and maybe a section of road?) like it was made of bread. :eek: They're pissed off by tree-cutting to the point that they aren't even entirely comfortable with coppicing. The Dwarves aren't much scared of war with the Grey-elves... but they're not eager for unnecessary war with the Ents.

This absolutely comes in as a motivation in E6, just not so much in E4.

Gamil Brog isn't killed until Ep 6? OK then. (I'm getting them all mixed up after looking at them out of order, over and over...)

OK, well, the Elves can teach the Dwarves how to use trees like a renewable resource. Not just in East Beleriand, but everywhere, since the Sleep of Yavanna isn't an issue. It occurred to me that the materials Dwarves understand best -- stone, ore, metal, and gems -- don't grow back, so they wouldn't think about cultivating trees by coppicing (or farming). This technology will be new and valuable to them, and not something they can easily figure out without teachers. They aren't fallen Mortals, so the idea of sustainability will appeal to them.

Other motivations that occurred to me to spread west: population growth, and maybe, a previous encounter (but not combat) with displeased Ents west of Ered Luin.

EDIT: And MithLuin, I do appreciate your reassurances that we can make the deadline. Thank you.

Last edited:
I see that the Episode 13 thread is already started. So ... does that mean that the Episode 12 podcast is today, or was yesterday or last week? I actually have the day off and could probably join a podcast today, but didn't receive an automatic email about it, so I'm not sure when it is, or was.

I would request to know what the schedule is for the remaining podcasts and scripting sessions this season, what episodes and topics will be discussed on what dates, if that is known yet.

I see that the Episode 13 thread is already started. So ... does that mean that the Episode 12 podcast is today, or was yesterday or last week? I actually have the day off and could probably join a podcast today, but didn't receive an automatic email about it, so I'm not sure when it is, or was.

I would request to know what the schedule is for the remaining podcasts and scripting sessions this season, what episodes and topics will be discussed on what dates, if that is known yet.

This is an off week for the hosts' podcast. E12 was discussed last Friday, and to my knowledge E13 will be discussed next Friday. As discussed earlier in this thread, Script Discussion will likely resume not this weekend, but next weekend. The 7th if everyone is able. We will be discussing E11 on that date. We will likely go to a weekly schedule to catch up as quickly as possible, as we will likely be discussing scripts on the hosts' podcast immediately following E13. This will likely be a process of 4-6 weeks, so if we don't get the last few episodes done by the time of the first podcast, it will be ok.

This is all of the information I am privy to, gleaned from the podcast schedule and this thread.

OK, thank you, that is helpful.

I have kept my April Saturday nights open. I also downloaded Chrome so I can use my computer instead of my phone, and hopefully reduce the bandwidth and sound quality problem.

I am available on April 7th for the Episode 11 Script discussion.

I am likely not available on April 14th; it's my roommate's birthday. I'll keep you guys updated.

I am available on April 7th for the Episode 11 Script discussion.

I am likely not available on April 14th; it's my roommate's birthday. I'll keep you guys updated.

Ok, I'm currently operating under the impression that we are resuming operations on 21APR, does that sound correct?

Yes, sounds good to me. The hosts will begin the script review process on Friday April 20th, but they likely won't get further than the first 4 episodes. They will then continue on May 4th, and will want the final script outlines from us to review on May 18th.

If we have the Episode 12 Script discussion on April 21st and the Episode 13 Script discussion on May 5th, we should be fine. If, by some miracle, they cruise through the first 7 episodes next week, then I will endeavor to be available on the 28th.

Sound good?

Yes, sounds good to me. The hosts will begin the script review process on Friday April 20th, but they likely won't get further than the first 4 episodes. They will then continue on May 4th, and will want the final script outlines from us to review on May 18th.

If we have the Episode 12 Script discussion on April 21st and the Episode 13 Script discussion on May 5th, we should be fine. If, by some miracle, they cruise through the first 7 episodes next week, then I will endeavor to be available on the 28th.

Sound good?

I'm onboard. Also, you have been doing yeoman' s work getting the outlines ready, which I appreciate, as my time seems to slip away from me quite a bit.

I'm still open for all April evenings.

On the other hand...I probably will be on jury duty starting May 21. Depending on whether that includes weekends, I may miss 2+ weeks at that time, if we're in session then.

At the rate we're going, when does Season 3 seem likely to be finished?
And, what is the usual gap between Seasons (if there is any pattern), or what is the expected gap before Season 4, if it's possible to guess?

Last edited:
We should be finished by May 5th, and jury duty is typically a Mon-Fri situation that only extends beyond one day if you are selected for a jury. We should know more on Friday, when we get some feedback on the first few episodes. After the script outline review will come art review and then casting. At that point the Execs will likely discuss their thoughts for the next season. There is typically some time off, but it is by no means anything standard.

Alright, thanks.
So they did already discuss Ep 13 last week?

What happens if the podcast isn't available to watch online before the scripting for that episode? I'm still interested in participating in Eps 12 and 13, if it's OK.

The FAQ and Jury Orientation packet helpfully say nothing at all about weekends. -_- I'm going to start by assuming it includes weekends, just in case. But unless it takes over a 1.5 hours to get home or a day lasts longer than expected, that still wouldn't necessarily interrupt scripting.

Last edited:
Back