Season 3 Calendar (We Hope)

Alright, thanks.
So they did already discuss Ep 13 last week?

What happens if the podcast isn't available to watch online before the scripting for that episode? I'm still interested in participating in Eps 12 and 13, if it's OK.

The FAQ and Jury Orientation packet helpfully say nothing at all about weekends. -_- I'm going to start by assuming it includes weekends, just in case. But unless it takes over a 1.5 hours to get home or a day lasts longer than expected, that still wouldn't necessarily interrupt scripting.

I'm equally concerned with the fact that the session recordings have been slow in coming.

And... my family has made a surprise visit. I _can_ still broadcast this Saturday, but I would consider it a blessing if we could do it Sunday night. Or push it back next week. As it currently stands, we would still be ok to get E13 done in time.

I cannot do Sunday night; I have to be awake at 6:30 AM Monday-Friday next week, and staying up until 2 AM on Sunday night might possibly kill me. Unless we were planning to start well before 7 PM.

I am good for next Saturday, though, if the 28th works for everyone.

So are we doing this Saturday?

I guess it seems we're not. Well, I'm still available on the 28th. At least the script review is going slowly.

Last edited:
I'll be there.

EDIT: I should have time tomorrow to post my thoughts on the Ep 7 and 8 outlines.

Last edited:
I think that trying to write a script this Saturday would be a mistake. So far we are nowhere close to agreement about anything, not even the most fundamental things in Episode 13. We can't even agree about what words are in the book in this chapter. We have no idea when the episode will end. This is not a good position from which to try writing a script.

I am also not feeling well, and unavailable for the rest of the day today and an unknown amount of tomorrow. And I'm having internet connectivity problems as well.

Last edited:
It was my understanding that we'd have the session to discuss the Finale on Saturday May 12th.

As for disagreements, I don't think that's a problem. It's more important to me that everyone has had a chance to listen to the podcast before we have a session. Nick, how does next Saturday look for you?

It was my understanding that we'd have the session to discuss the Finale on Saturday May 12th.

As for disagreements, I don't think that's a problem. It's more important to me that everyone has had a chance to listen to the podcast before we have a session. Nick, how does next Saturday look for you?

Next Saturday is perfect.

I'm not sure if I should participate in script discussions anymore. Do you both want me to give my input on Episode 13? My suggestions for the episode were already outvoted, so I don't know that I have anything else to contribute.

If I don't show up I don't want you to feel like you have to delay or cancel the scripting.

It's up to you whether or not you want to participate. I don't know why you'd think you have nothing to contribute, nor did I read that earlier conversation as all of your suggestions being outvoted. I hear that you have concerns about the size of orc armies, but that's not all the finale is going to be about. Did you have a chance to listen to the podcast for Episode 13? It is helpful to have a third person in these conversations, but we can get by with two if you are not available.

If this is in regard to my post in the Turgon thread, you are certainly welcome to send me a message before making any decisions whether or not to participate, if that would be helpful. As I am sure you've noticed by now, it helps to have people who focus on details, as well as people who look to the big picture. People who pay attention to pacing and season storylines. People who remember what decisions have been made previously. People who can imagine action sequences and create dramatic moments. People who are familiar with Tolkien's work beyond the published Silmarillion. There is a lot that goes into outlining an episode, and multiple viewpoints is essential, as well as a willingness to collaborate. This project is a group effort.

Back