Season 3 Script Outlines

I don't think that's the way si darin works.... seriously!

Technically hamilcar could be a quenya form, but not sindarin.

Reminder that this Friday will be the discussion reviewing the script outlines of Episodes 7-10. Please help get them ready for the Hosts to review! The links can be found in the second post of this thread.

Made some comments on E08, and added some colored text in Scene 5 to get some dialogue, as well as a line in Scene 19 to include the point where Maedhros is one of the last people to be seen on screen alongside Amras. If I am recalling that point incorrectly, let me know.

I have commented on Eps 3-6 trying to resolve some of the outstanding issues such as things the Hosts mentioned in script reviews, and I removed the deleted scenes.

In Eps 7-10 I have made some grammatical edits to expand sentence fragments (I added missing articles and conjunctions), chnaged a few words to remove repetitive wording, and removed 2-3 of the contractions from Elf dialogue, but none of these changes should alter the meaning of anything. I have used comments to suggest some more substantial edits, as possibilities to maybe consider.

I will go over these outlines again tomorrow afternoon to do a last pass on them before sending them along to the Exec Team. Thanks for your help, guys!

I’m not sure how to edit, but I’d like to specify about Sauron’s singing magic that he begins with a low drone that slows people down and then adds a melody on top of that, which hypnotises Maedhros.

I removed the names "Doriath" and "Iathrim" removed from: Ep 4, Ep 5 (I didn't find any instances of them in Eps 3, 6, or 7-10)

I added a description of Beleg's group avoiding the Petty-Dwarf "Keep Out" signs on the Andram near Sirion.

I have continued trying to make sure the little format details (italics, bolding, capitalization, etc.) are consistent, but I'm not touching Eps 1-2 anymore.

Does anyone know what the "Anonymous" animal editors (Wolverine, Quagga, Monkey, Koala, etc.) and the little pink pin marks in the documents are about? Is it some Google robotic activity, and if so, does anyone know what it's doing?

I like the outline a lot. One thing that bothers me is Amras. I’d like to have him express more of a ‘Doom sentiment’ but I can’t really find an opportunity in the outline. Maybe there will be a lot of opportunities later on.

I like the outline a lot. One thing that bothers me is Amras. I’d like to have him express more of a ‘Doom sentiment’ but I can’t really find an opportunity in the outline. Maybe there will be a lot of opportunities later on.

Let's hope so.

I would like doom and gloom from Amras, too. Maybe at Feanor's death? There was a suggestion to make him very doom-and-gloom in Ep 13.

Well, we made it through episodes 7 and 8 today, leaving episodes 9-13 for next session (Friday June 1st).

Major comments:

In Episode 7, Finrod will have a 'waking memory' or 'dream-walking' flashback of his departure from Amarië to emphasize the 'what was left behind' in Valinor part of the decision to leave.

In Episode 8, there will be no 'nearly-capsized ship' sequence. Amrod and Amras will make the ocean crossing in the same ship more or less uneventfully. Amrod will reveal to Amras that he has a palantir, which means that in their final conversation, Amras will threaten to turn it in to their father.

In the frame tag to Episode 8, Estel's leave-taking of Hamilcar will be a more active stranding than simply leaving him in his sleep. Estel will use Hamilcar's help to, say, climb a rock wall, and then refuse to turn around and help Hamilcar up [or something to that effect]. Estel does not do anything malicious enough to leave Hamilcar in danger, but it is a deliberate abandonment.

In the frame of Episode 9, Elladan and Elrohir and Halbarad will catch up with Hamilcar out in the wild; Hamilcar does not return to the Dunedain camp.

More generally, we did talk a bit about the structure of the enemy forces. Thus, Draugluin's host consists of both werewolves (ngaurhoth) who are supernatural creatures with Maiar spirits, as well as wargs, who are intelligent wolves large enough for an orc to ride on. There can be regular wolves in Middle-earth as well, who are no larger nor any more intelligent than a normal wolf. The largest werewolf ever is Carcaroth, of course, so we have to keep him in mind and not make the others too large. Tevildo's cats are almost all regular creature size. Thuringwethil is a shapeshifter - she can look like a bat and fly, or she can take on a more humanoid form. Her vampires can consist of some other shape-shifting creatures like her, but there can also be regular (non-shapeshifting) vampire bats in her employ (the warg equivalent). And of course Middle-earth has bats that are just bats, and not necessarily evil at all.

We can get into that more in the thread about creature designs, of course.

Thank you for posting an update.
I am confused and worried about the Amrod and Amros plotline now. What is left now of the scenes that we wrote?

So:
Now the Feanorians have a Palantir in Middle-earth? If so that would cause endless problems. Let's just get rid of the whole idea that Amrod ever found one. That would be vastly better. There was no other reason to include it in the story, except to lose it and upset Amrod.

Will there be any scene establishing that Amrod wants to go back to Valinor, or why? Will there be any explanation of why he gets on the boat at Losgar?

You seem to say there will still be a scene showing the twins before we kill Amrod. So will we still have a chance to establish their relationship? To get the audience emotionally invested?

I'm also certain that it's not possible for Thuringwethil to be a shapeshifter. She can't be a regular Maia capable of shapeshifting, she needs to be an embodied demon, because she leaves behind a body when she dies. She has to have a real physical body, just like Draugluin, for Luthien to wear her skin.

Last edited:
That body th7ng is a bit odd...

In some versions beren is physically dressed into the wolfpelt, its more a masquerade, in the pubsil it looks as it at least thuringwethil wears a magic cape of some sort...

Anyway, we should make clear that l&b transform via a magic spell/ song, not via an evil artifact of some sort. But it has to work for the audience as well... and it somehow has to involve their spiritless corpses... i can't think of any solution tjat would not look a bit uncanny.

[ her great fingered wings were barbed at each joint's end with an iron claw"

Sounds to me as if at least some parts of her array were artificial..

Last edited:
Back