Season 4 Casting Call

As of right now, definitely Caranthir, since he’s a carryover from Season 3. We should have an adult Idril for the latter half of the season. I have an idea or two for both, maybe transfer Caranthir’s thread to Season 4’s subforum?

How old is the actress for child Idril? With that I can figure out how old Idril is, and when she'll be an adult.

Thanks. So she's about 33 during the Rebellion, and has at least 17 more years to go. She'll first be full-grown at Mereth Aderthad, or a few years afterwards.

Maybe move the thread on Glaurung to Season 4 sub forum? Right now, he’s in the General casting sub-forum.

Last edited:
Voronwe, also born in Nevrast to a Noldorin father (Aranwe) and Sindarin (Falathrin) mother (unnamed)?

(I'm not certain Voronwe or Pengolodh need to be introduced this season, but they will be born soon.)

I wanna cast Galadhon and Galathil this season, and have them show up as characters.

So regarding the casing threads, do we have a green light to push forward? Also, Glaurung thread should be moved to Season 4.

Did the Hosts give any indication whether they'll allow Annael to exist?

Is Pengolodh son of Penlodh?
No idea, but it's a good suggestion. Noldor do like father-son names to be similar.

Pen-golodh is Quendi-ngoldo in Quenya (kinda a dull name, actually). What would Pen-lod or Pen-lodh be in Quenya? Quende-lutta-something? "floating elf"? Penlod is a Lost Tales name so we can just adjust it to make it more similar to Pengolodh. I don't see what his name was originally supposed to mean in the Lost Tales glossary, but if anyone here owns Parma Eldalamberon #11, #13, or #15, it may be possible to figure out what Penlod meant.

Last edited:
I'll go by sheltered or shielded person, or maybe flute-player... but i am not sure.Quenya cognate was given as Pendelot.

One thing I have had a growing concern about: As the Noldor begin to split into their various camps, we need to give them named characters with whom to have conversations when they are at home. Turgon has Glorfindel, Ecthelion, and Aredhel. Finrod has ... Orodreth? Beyond that, though, none of the Noldor princes really have anyone to talk to.

One thing I have had a growing concern about: As the Noldor begin to split into their various camps, we need to give them named characters with whom to have conversations when they are at home. Turgon has Glorfindel, Ecthelion, and Aredhel. Finrod has ... Orodreth? Beyond that, though, none of the Noldor princes really have anyone to talk to.
Looks like we’ll have to make up quite a few characters. Maybe some of Finrod’s other conversors will be amongs his companions for Beren and Luthien?...

Finrod has, like turgon a lot of peoole... i think of edrahil, gelmir, possibly gildor, guilin, gwindor, ornil all could be possible interactors...

I think it's the feanorians we'll have to worry about... they're pretty much among themselves

Finarfin's children have Orodreth, Gelmir 1, Arminas, Guilin and his sons (Gwindor + Gelmir 2), Edrahil for the House of Finarfin (I don't recognize who Ornil is). Gwindor and his brother may be born in Middle-earth (my preference, making him similar to Finduilas in age). I would really like Gildor's father Inglor to be another lord in service to House Finarfin, and one of Finrod's companions on his suicide mission. And later add Finduilas, Gil-galad, and Gildor.

Turgon has aaallll the lords of Gondolin (Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Rog, Salgant, Egalmoth, Duilin, Legolas, Penlod, Galdor 2), plus Idril, Aredhel, Pengolodh, Edrahil, and later Maeglin.

Thingol has Celeborn, Melian, Luthien, Mablung, Beleg, Daeron, Saeros, and Galadriel. I would like Galadhon and Galathil to exist at least in the background, since one of them (I forget which) is Nimloth's father. Arnorion suggested that Oropher live in Doriath and marry a distant kin of Denethor, a suggestion which I second.

Cirdan has Galdor 1, plus ??
Fingon and Fingolfin will have ??
Sons of Feanor will have each other and Celebrimbor, plus ??. Should we introduce the creeps [in service to Celegorm] who later leave Dior's sons to starve?

We can use Erestor (the guy in Rivendell) as a lord serving under either Fingolfin or Maedhros. Or as a Sindarin guy.

Edit: Haerangil made a thread to discuss characters/names not currently associated with any of the hosts: https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/unalligned-characters.3056/

Last edited:
Probably only Orodreth, Edrahil, Gwindor, Ecthelion, Glorfindel , "Rog", ,Talagand, Oropher's wife (could we use Nielthi or Evranin maybe to fill this role?) , Galdor, Erestor...

The rest are minor characters or extras -probably as they are only assistants ( edrahil, Gwindor, Ecthelion, Glorvundel and Talagand may be minir characters too, but they have short but interesting parts -and "Rog" is much beloved, like Glorvindel)

We will have to see how the plans for the season go, to see if any minor characters emerge as something beyond 'glorified extra' or 'set dressing.'

Recall how in Season 3, we wound up creating the character of Norn, as it was clear some sort of 'dwarven ambassador' to the Sindar would be needed. At the beginning of the Season, we didn't know he would exist.

No doubt Season 4 will have some 'Norns' in it, but we won't find that out for awhile yet. For now, these are just suggestions of characters we *could* use or introduce in the story, not necessarily characters we'll need to cast in this season.

Back