Season 4 Casting Call

The Hosts call for an elf, possibly brother or sister to Celeborn to serve as a conduit to the Frame storyline.

Hm... Celeborn's brother couldn't actually be alive in the Third Age... but I've wanted to introduce him in the First Age.

What do you mean?

Celeborn's father is Galadhon and his brother is Galathil. Their fates are unknown but I think both probably died in the fall of Doriath, at Dwarven hands. Killing off Celeborn's family would also give him a very personal reason to hate Dwarves and be the frame poster-child of Grumpy People Who Won't Drop A Grudge And Reconcile, Even After 6400 Years.

What do you mean?

Celeborn's father is Galadhon and his brother is Galathil. Their fates are unknown but I think both probably died in the fall of Doriath, at Dwarven hands. Killing off Celeborn's family would also give him a very personal reason to hate Dwarves and be the frame poster-child of Grumpy People Who Won't Drop A Grudge And Reconcile, Even After 6400 Years.
The Hosts were considering changing Galathil from male to female (with complimentary name change that I can’t spell).

I'm not on board with changing Galathil's gender. I acknowledge that he's an obscure and undescribed character, but that's not necessary. Instead we should just give Celeborn a separate sister with a fittingly-tree-ish name. Galadlos or Faenorn or Celeblos, or something more clever. There's no reason he can't have an additional sibling.

More importantly than Galathil's gender, it's weird and maybe irresponsible if the parents of Nimloth are still alive after the Third Kinslaying, living on the Isle of Balar a few miles away from their orphaned twin great-grandsons, and not trying to regain the boys. (We would have to explain why they not only weren't sent to their relatives by supposedly contrite and well-meaning Feanorians, but also why they implausibly chose to stay with the Feanorians instead of rejoining their surviving family.) Or if Nimloth's parents leave and go east across the mountains before the Second Kinslaying, why leave their daughter, and never meet their grandchildren?

Last edited:
I'm not on board with changing Galathil's gender. I acknowledge that he's an obscure and undescribed character, but that's not necessary. Instead we should just give Celeborn a separate sister with a fittingly-tree-ish name. Galadlos or Faenorn or Celeblos, or something more clever. There's no reason he can't have an additional sibling.

More importantly than Galathil's gender, it's weird and maybe irresponsible if the parents of Nimloth are still alive after the Third Kinslaying, living on the Isle of Balar a few miles away from their orphaned twin great-grandsons, and not trying to regain the boys. (We would have to explain why they not only weren't sent to their relatives by supposedly contrite and well-meaning Feanorians, but also why they implausibly chose to stay with the Feanorians instead of rejoining their surviving family.) Or if Nimloth's parents leave and go east across the mountains before the Second Kinslaying, why leave their daughter, and never meet their grandchildren?
I’m not in favor of changing genders myself, and not sure what to do with this. Any advice?

I wasn't asking you to do anything in particular, don't worry.

Unless the Hosts have made a definite decision about it, we're allowed to say we disagree with their suggestions. Or suggest alternative ideas.

Last edited:
Celeborn and Meril/Orodreth's wife are both getting married this season. We need to either introduce their families who will attend their weddings, or at least attempt to come up with plausible reasons why their relatives don't/can't/won't attend.

Thorondor. He comes into play via Manwe sending him, aids in Fingon’s rescue of Maedhros and serves as a guardian of Gondolin.

Who is Zirak again?

And are we cleared to start suggesting actors and opening threads for roles? I sometimes feel like I'm on my own with suggesting actors and concepts.

Well... i often think outside of the script team a lot of us feel alone with their personal preferences on the project... on the other hand for example i feel that i am not good enough at english to write scripts or should not interefere too much with the script crew outside of general discussion... maybe too many people actually writing the scene layout isnt good and i should just let go the 2-4 people who are actually doing most of the hard work - they're doing a great job most of the time :)

As for suggesting actors, personally i feel it is so early... i still do not have a real feeling for many of the characters, celeborns supposed sibling for example... i do not know what she is like and so i do not wanna suggest an actor as " some elvish-looking person"... i think i would still wait until the story developement has moved further on til i feel able to actually suggest actors. Is there anytbing else to do at the moment? I sometimes have the feeling a lot of the early enthusiasm of the project is gone, the hard core is still on and very engaged, but outside? I am not sure... maybe a little more support and more regular üosts on youtube, which is more easily acessible for people like me might help a bit to respawn interest?

It does seem early. We haven't decided on storylines for many of these (like Ecthelion and Eldalote) and Celeborn's sister still has no name.

Some characters we have a good idea of the storylines, though. But we haven't done those “casting descriptions” for anyone yet. Which may be the best place to start.

It does seem early. We haven't decided on storylines for many of these (like Ecthelion and Eldalote) and Celeborn's sister still has no name.

Some characters we have a good idea of the storylines, though. But we haven't done those “casting descriptions” for anyone yet. Which may be the best place to start.
So how should we start? It's been rather haphazard apart from characters I know are supposed to be introduced, like Glaurung and an adult Idril.

Well... i often think outside of the script team a lot of us feel alone with their personal preferences on the project... on the other hand for example i feel that i am not good enough at english to write scripts or should not interefere too much with the script crew outside of general discussion... maybe too many people actually writing the scene layout isnt good and i should just let go the 2-4 people who are actually doing most of the hard work - they're doing a great job most of the time :)

As for suggesting actors, personally i feel it is so early... i still do not have a real feeling for many of the characters, celeborns supposed sibling for example... i do not know what she is like and so i do not wanna suggest an actor as " some elvish-looking person"... i think i would still wait until the story developement has moved further on til i feel able to actually suggest actors. Is there anytbing else to do at the moment? I sometimes have the feeling a lot of the early enthusiasm of the project is gone, the hard core is still on and very engaged, but outside? I am not sure... maybe a little more support and more regular üosts on youtube, which is more easily acessible for people like me might help a bit to respawn interest?
Well, I’ve started on characters I’m sure we’ll need, like an adult Idril and Glaurung, and Caranthir is a carry-over from last year. Maybe the other Lords of Gondolin as well? For the Frame, Gandalf and Balin? I sometimes feel like it’s just me who’s interested.

I need help with this, guys.

Last edited:
Fankil has come up in discussions on Hildorien as someone (a Maia?) left in charge of Men in Hildorien while Morgoth and Sauron are in Angband working on new weapons (Dragons). However, he screws up somehow and some men escape: the Edain.

Well, we don't even know yet if we're gonna use him, or if he is Maia or man.We were just throwing around some ideas... perhaps the entire fall of man thing will not be told in pictures at all.

Back