Season 4 Casting Call

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. I have sent a message to admin who have the power to open a sub-forum. We’re waiting for that to happen. It hasn’t happened, which can only mean that the message hasn’t come through yet. Nobody is ignoring what has to be done.
I didn't know that you sent a message, I was asking at large if anyone could ask for a nominations sub-forum.

Is it possible to ask for the Hosts to open up a sub-forum for casting nominations for Season 4?

I included the reminder/request about opening the nominations sub-forum in my e-mail to the Hosts in preparation for this week's session.

A gentle reminder that post production has just begun, and while of course casting nominations are part of that, nominations have not yet opened. When they do, Haakon will post and let us all know. Please continue to be patient.

I still think we should introduce Oropher in this season; since we're not going to have much interaction with Doriath next season and Oropher's likely going to be captured before Beren and Luthien, there's not going to be much opportunity to introduce him before that happens if we leave him out.

Last edited:
I still think we should introduce Oropher in this season; since we're not going to have much interaction with Doriath next season and Oropher's going to be captured, there's not going to be much opportunity to introduce him before that happens if we leave him out.

I'm sure we will find some opportunities to visit Doriath next season. It might be a little late to work Oropher into this season in anything resembling a significant way.

I could mention that he's present in some of the Doraith scenes, but I feel like we if we do introduce him and say who he is, we would need to do more than that since he's mentioned in the frame. I don't think we should have him there yet, but we definitely want him present at the Second Kinslaying.

I don't think there's any need to introduce him prior to his captivity in Tol-in-Gaurhoth. IF we want to show him being made captive, that's fine, but if he first appears as a hapless captive rescued by Lúthien, there's nothing problematic about that. He would go to Doriath after, and we would tell his story from there.

There are reasons to flesh out captives prior to their captivity, but in his case, his 'real' story is later, so we don't need to do that.

Was it a mistake to asks the Hosts about what they wanted for each role? It's been a month since nominations opened up, and it's mostly been @Haakon and me doing the nominating.

Was it a mistake to asks the Hosts about what they wanted for each role? It's been a month since nominations opened up, and it's mostly been @Haakon and me doing the nominating.
Why would the specific criteria be keeping people from nominating? But yeah maybe that makes things harder, especially since we’ve used a number of the known actors and actresses. Buuut....we wouldn’t cast just anyone anyway, would we?

Why would the specific criteria be keeping people from nominating? But yeah maybe that makes things harder, especially since we’ve used a number of the known actors and actresses. Buuut....we wouldn’t cast just anyone anyway, would we?
True. I was wondering if that would have put people off.

If anything, you'd think having a discussion about it in advance would get people thinking about it in the time since.

The boards are fairly quiet at the moment. Perhaps nominations will pick up when people realize the deadline is closing in.

Personally i feel the discussions have become more quiet because the execs were quite discouraging about active participation... but maybe it's just me.

If anything, you'd think having a discussion about it in advance would get people thinking about it in the time since.

The boards are fairly quiet at the moment. Perhaps nominations will pick up when people realize the deadline is closing in.
I'm trying to figure out why there hasn't been much regarding the nominations at this point; it's mostly been me, @Haakon, you, and @Nicholas Palazzo.

Well, to be honest casting itself has never been of much interest to me, so i am mostly quiet about it.

I don't watch much television or movies, so I'm not very familiar with famous actors and actresses. Also, most of the time I devote to Silmfilm right now is spent working on scripts or art. I may try to make a few nominations once I finish writing the scripts.

I wonder if removing the restriction that the actors and actresses nominated have to be contemporary and alive would make casting a little easier and more exciting.

Personally i feel the discussions have become more quiet because the execs were quite discouraging about active participation... but maybe it's just me.
Were they? I can’t remember that they were, but I’ve had my attention pulled elsewhere lately. Maybe I missed that.

This season, and to a lesser degree last season, have been a bit rough on everyone involved for various reasons, both internal and external. I am hopeful that as those stressors are dealt with, any tensions you are observing may ease somewhat.

Back