Season 5 Scriptwriting

Hey guys, we haven't had too much interest in scriptwriting, but I wanted to make clear that anyone who wants to get involved is welcome. If you're interested in helping out with the actual writing of the Season 5 scripts to any degree, from suggesting some dialogue for a specific scene to writing a full script yourself, please post in this thread or start a conversation with me here on the boards me so we can coordinate.

Keep in mind that there's a bit more of a time crunch this season than usual because of the new way we're doing things, so the goal is to get a full first draft of each script to the hosts every other podcast session. It's not the end of the world if we don't have a finished script and can only share the outline with the hosts, but the preference is definitely for a full script.

If you're interested in writing something for an episode, I highly recommend at least watching and if you can, participating in, the script discussions on the Signum Twitch channel. If you want to participate live in the GoToWebinar sessions, just reach out to me, and I'll make sure you get the link.
Hello. I am only now catching up with everything. I would like to help out with the script, if it is possible!

Hello. I am only now catching up with everything. I would like to help out with the script, if it is possible!

Catching up is a Herculean task, so I absolutely commend you there! We're now in Season 6, so watch out for announcements in the Season 6 Scripts subforum.

Catching up is a Herculean task, so I absolutely commend you there! We're now in Season 6, so watch out for announcements in the Season 6 Scripts subforum.
While we are currently on Season 6, there are still 8 episodes from season 5 with no completed scripts, so I wouldn't turn down someone offering to pitch in.

While writing for the previous season may be less of a priority and less likely to be reviewed on the actual SilmFilm broadcast, it could help them better incorperate into the way things are done here and get a grasp of the process before diving into a S6 episode as their first jumping in point.

While we are currently on Season 6, there are still 8 episodes from season 5 with no completed scripts, so I wouldn't turn down someone offering to pitch in.

While writing for the previous season may be less of a priority and less likely to be reviewed on the actual SilmFilm broadcast, it could help them better incorperate into the way things are done here and get a grasp of the process before diving into a S6 episode as their first jumping in point.

I certainly wouldn't turn down anyone wanting to take a crack at writing for previous seasons.

It would be a slower process, though, as most of our editorial resources (AKA Eyeball-hours) are going to be focused on current season scripts as they materialize.

I think up to season 5 almost no season has real finished scripts! There are summaries/writeups, but almost zero elaborated scrips, with dialogues etc.

For anyone interested in writing scripts for prior seasons, may I direct your attention to this thread:

Feel free to place a claim on any unclaimed episode from earlier seasons. For Season 6, the process is a bit different, so please follow the directions in the Season 6 subforum.

Back