Session 1.11

I don't think either using the flames or a more pure light is objectionable. It should be bright enough to drive Aule back either way.

I think you have a really good point - the vision should not be all just fire, that might be taken as an intervention of a fire spirit, like the balrogs or something. There must be light, and also some visuals reminding us of Ainulindalë. That, and the voice of Ilúvatar we had then.

The furance/forge angle is super clever, I love it. We could throw some phosphorous in there and change up the color of the fire in post, I feel like giving the flames a "clean" burning feeling is a pretty easy fix so we don't get any Melkorian overtones during the scene.

Awww, but copper sulfate is so pretty when it burns! Okay, okay, I'll save that for the firepits in Utumno :p

You now realize I'm going to have to run through the options of metal salts to figure out which flame test is most like Iluvatar......

Last edited:
This makes me think of the "flame of Udun" comment Gandalf makes. I make a mental note to remember that we need to have some of the balrogs in Utumno when the Valar go there in the War to begin all wars.

Philip was logged in yesterday, so I don't think there's any cause for panic.

There was only one week between sessions this time, which did not leave a lot of time for doing things like posting new threads or podcasts or session summaries. Everything else is being taken care of...we just didn't get a new thread. I'm sure we'll get a new one before the next session.

...and maybe I should have read the episode notes before making my summary. I didn't hear parts of the session and apparently missed some things, oops.
Thanks for the vote of confidence MithLuin. Yes, I found that not being able to be at the session live (2am to 4am being a bit prohibitive) I was three episodes behind. I had no idea what the sessions were coming up with or what the actual session questions were. Then I was totally thrown by the one week between episodes and I was unable to provide a forum summary to the co-hosts. So I am now up to date with my listening and posting of session questions. Even if I am not able to access the recording of the session I will ensure there is a new thread each fortnight.

Thanks for the vote of confidence MithLuin. Yes, I found that not being able to be at the session live (2am to 4am being a bit prohibitive) I was three episodes behind. I had no idea what the sessions were coming up with or what the actual session questions were. Then I was totally thrown by the one week between episodes and I was unable to provide a forum summary to the co-hosts. So I am now up to date with my listening and posting of session questions. Even if I am not able to access the recording of the session I will ensure there is a new thread each fortnight.
My comment was not an expression of loss of confidence. I was just wondering, and perhaps a bit worried. We are in different parts of the world, we have no way of knowing what is happening in each other's lives. Anyway, I'm glad you are back.

Back