Session 4-21: Episodes 10 (& 11)

The only difficulty with this is that we kind of rush through the eviction of the Petty dwarves.
Unless we want to show it in flashback. Maybe Finrod could find a tool or something that was left behind and ask about it. He would be told that Dwarves used to live there and have moved out, but the flashback would show the viewers the eviction.

Unless we want to show it in flashback. Maybe Finrod could find a tool or something that was left behind and ask about it. He would be told that Dwarves used to live there and have moved out, but the flashback would show the viewers the eviction.

I gotta say, I'm not crazy about showing this in flashback. It kinda diminishes it, gives the audience a comfortable distance from it, rather than making this something the audience has to wrestle with in real time.

I gotta say, I'm not crazy about showing this in flashback. It kinda diminishes it, gives the audience a comfortable distance from it, rather than making this something the audience has to wrestle with in real time.
Then maybe the eviction of the Petty Dwarves, initiated by Finrod asking Thingol about a good place for a hidden kingdom, could be the main conflict of the episode, and Finrod would be present in Doriath for the reveal that Celeborn knew about the Kinslaying and the engagement. The episode could end with Finrod going off to build Nargothrond, and the Galadriel and Celeborn plotline would not be fully resolved until the next episode.

Back