Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Some time after the Dagor Bragollach, in Angband's prisons

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
The next session of the Silmarillion Film Project will be held on Thursday Dec. 5th at 10 PM Eastern Time.

We will be continuing the Script Reviews, focusing on Episodes 9-11.

Scripts and Script Outlines can be found here:
https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/scripts-and-script-outlines-for-season-4.3458/

Please feel free to continue discussing anything to do with the Dagor Aglareb in the other thread.

Also, Nominations for Casting will close on November 22nd, so please get your nominees for Season 4 in soon!

I've been vacillating between not being fussed with Angrod getting killed by Gothmog and wanting him to die in the Dagor Bragollach. But I know that I don't want to go with the idea of him being a prisoner in Angband.

After having binged the podcast sessions, and after the discussions on the forum, I honestly thought this was decided on. I honestly thought that the consensus was that we should have Gothmog killing Edhellos and Angrod live on until further notice (probably the Dagor B). I guess I was naive. But I do beg (sorry about boldness) that we don't take this yet another round. My vote is 100% for the version Corey was advocating for at the end of the last session.

Considering this development: if Angrod dies, I want Edhellos to survive (preferably for ever). If we're just going to kill off people without showing the full extent of the tragic consequences, we're going the wrong way.

Last edited:
After having binged the podcast sessions, and after the discussions on the forum, I honestly thought this was decided on. I honestly thought that the consensus was that we should have Gothmog killing Edhellos and Angrod live on until further notice (probably the Dagor B). I guess I was naive. But I do beg (sorry about boldness) that we don't take this yet another round. My vote is 100% for the version Corey was advocating for at the end of the last session.

Considering this development: if Angrod dies, I want Edhellos to survive (preferably for ever). If we're just going to kill off people without showing the full extent of the tragic consequences, we're going the wrong way.
It is a possibility; Edhellos (or Eldalote as she’s named) survives her husband and son in the books.

It is a possibility; Edhellos (or Eldalote as she’s named) survives her husband and son in the books.
I don’t actually want this, since I want Angrod to die later (for several reasons). But in the remote and frustrating eventuality that it is decided that he shall be killed, I want Edhellos to survive. I’m 100% for Angrod’s survival, so Edhellos surviving isn’t exactly on my wish list.

In the current version of the Episode 9 script, Edhellos is killed by Sauron after the Dagor Aglareb. Gothmog kills no one in the battle. Orodreth, Angrod, and Aegnor are placed in dicey situations, but all survive.

At the end of last session, Corey proposed that Gothmog kill Edhellos, and that Angrod survive until Dagor Bragollach. I think that is the most likely outcome, but I suppose we have to wait until tonight to find out.

Here are my notes for this session:

Episode 9:
  • Sauron can't be in battle, but there should be some closure to the Edhellos-Sauron-Angord arc
  • Edhellos needs to tell Angrod about what Sauron did since Angrod won't see Sauron shapeshift
  • Edhellos dies fighting Balrog and saving someone else's life, maybe Orodreth or Aegnor
Episode 10:
  • When working on Thranduil's story later, remember to keep him distant from Ban on Quenya to explain why he tolerates the dragon-proof gates the Dwarves made
  • Narsil less explicitly anti-Sauron sword, something about breaking bonds or chains
  • change how fire functions in dream, line on horizon or dream lit by fire
Episode 11:
  • Thingol seems really petty when refusing to help Finrod; need to emphasize why it is significant that Finrod is asking to build Nargothrond in the south
  • Finrod should express concern for Galadriel and how she has changed from the ambitious person he once knew
  • When giving Galadriel the engagement ring, Finrod should have the ring on a chain around his neck
  • Galadriel should misinterpret Finrod giving up the ring as him giving up on his relationship with Amarie

Here are my notes for this session:

Episode 9:
  • Sauron can't be in battle, but there should be some closure to the Edhellos-Sauron-Angord arc
  • Edhellos needs to tell Angrod about what Sauron did since Angrod won't see Sauron shapeshift
  • Edhellos dies fighting Balrog and saving someone else's life, maybe Orodreth or Aegnor
Episode 10:
  • When working on Thranduil's story later, remember to keep him distant from Ban on Quenya to explain why he tolerates the dragon-proof gates the Dwarves made
  • Narsil less explicitly anti-Sauron sword, something about breaking bonds or chains
  • change how fire functions in dream, line on horizon or dream lit by fire
Episode 11:
  • Thingol seems really petty when refusing to help Finrod; need to emphasize why it is significant that Finrod is asking to build Nargothrond in the south
  • Finrod should express concern for Galadriel and how she has changed from the ambitious person he once knew
  • When giving Galadriel the engagement ring, Finrod should have the ring on a chain around his neck
  • Galadriel should misinterpret Finrod giving up the ring as him giving up on his relationship with Amarie
Thanks for posting the notes! I think I just missed the session.

This sounds good but it looks like it creates some more work, right? Or did you get down to detalis about these things? Especially the first point. "Some closure"..? I like the idea that Edhellos saves Orodreth.

What is this about?

I’m still annoyed about Sauron. He still looks like a pushover and I tried to bring this up a few times and got ignored completely.

I’m still annoyed about Sauron. He still looks like a pushover and I tried to bring this up a few times and got ignored.
I know you feel that way. What can I say, I think you’re wrong. He has a long arch. Don’t worry.

I'm sorry you were ignored. What do you mean by him looking like a pushover?
In that whenever he goes into combat (except when he captures Maedhros), he gets his ass kicked. For someone who's supposed to be the resident Evil Overlord for 6,000 years, he looks weak and ineffective.

Ok. But the Finrod stuff? Why does she misinterpret Finrod?
The way I had the scene in Episode 13 where Galadriel was asking Finrod why he wasn't married, I was implying that she just didn't know how close he was with Amarie in Valinor. What the hosts suggested instead was to make a bigger deal in Episode 11 of Finrod giving Galadriel the engagement ring he was going to give to Amarie. The way Galadriel misinterprets this is thinking that Finrod giving up his ring signifies him giving up in this relationship, which is why Galadriel later asks him why he wasn't married.

Back